Info on Mark's pickups in his Dominions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Mark's pickups in his Dominions

I know that their are tons of people who have questions what pickups he is using. I found this website that is the most up to date and also has very good info: http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/203/38/
    From the site:
    Guitars
    - Jackson Mark Morton Dominion w/ Seymour Duncan '59s Tobacco
    - Jackson Mark Morton Dominion w/ Seymour Duncan '59s Wine Drunk

Note: (Mark Morton uses EMG in the bridge, as of Download Festival 2007, possibly earlier)
    - Seymour Duncan Invader pickups in the bridge and Seymour Duncan Jazz in neck

I actually found some really good pics where you can tell he has the EMG in the bridge. Man he loves to switch up his pickups. As you can see I am a Mark Morton obsessor. haha. I really love the binding on his red dominion is that a different paint than the Wine Drunk quilt top? It looks different to me?
    Thanks
    Edwin

I dunno, but it's slightly refreshing to see someone moshing without those nasty-ass dreds that look like a shit rope
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This subject again? Mark's a pickup whore and will try just about anything.

That site also doesn't mention his old RR PS3 Performer or the custom SweeTone which his signature model was loosely based off of.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea i know sorry to bring it up again. haha. i just thought that it had good info regarding his pickups. I could care less i am happy with the 59s, but i know that their are people out their who want to replicate his guitar down to every little detail

Comment

Here's a "little detail": The original Dominion, in the first picture IIRC, is slightly thicker than the production model and also does not have the tummy cut-out on the back.
          Last edited by TreeFitty; 01-30-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Looks like an Invader in this one.

Comment

in a recent pic he has a black dominion with what looks to be dimarzios in them, not sure which ones though.... but yea hes a whore

Comment

Given that guitars and amps/cabs can be somewhat temperamental with regards to the environment they're in at the time, having multiples with different pickups allows you to get the best tone for a given temperament.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Download 2007 he was not using EMGs. They're just pickup covers. He trys a shit ton of pickups but he's big on the 59'/59'. He used the Invader/59' combo on Killadelphia.

He briefly used some custom DiMarzio shit in a Guitar World video.

I know for a fact Mark is extremely anti-active pickups. Can't say I blame him. Active pickups are great... if you're tone deaf

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
                    I know for a fact Mark is extremely anti-active pickups. Can't say I blame him. Active pickups are great... if you're tone deaf
                    or if you like pickups that sound fucking metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
                      or if you like pickups that sound fucking metal.
                      1v1 Warlock your host.

Active pickups aren't that bad. I just like to give em shit. I have a pair of Blackouts coming in a CS order.

Comment

If you watch videos of the download festival you can clearly see a silver EMG logo on the bridge pickup.. .neck is just a cover though

Comment

Is that not an EMG? Looks like an EMG logo I see. It would make no sense to use an EMG "cover" as they are extremly hard to take apart.

Comment

That's definitely an EMG. I wasn't saying he doesn't use em', but I know he's for the most part anti-active. I'm pretty sure both pickups are just covers at Download though. I'll try to dig up a quote from him.

BTW; isn't this in the wrong section? Shouldn't this be in "artists and their gear"?
                            Last edited by TVTiZtiK; 01-31-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Okay nevermind. He confirmed they were EMGs at Download, I was wrong.

I found a couple quotes from him from the LoG forums:

ive been trying out some different stuff, including Seymours, Dimarzios and EMGs. not sure where im gonna land....transitional stage....but its gotta be something that doesnt quit on me when i sweat like a pig all over it.
                              i'll spare you all the gory details, but keep in mind EMG makes passive pickups as well. I am simply doing a little field research...nobody panic!

anybody that came out to the headlining tour last spring probably noticed the guitar problems i was having, so finding a sweat-proof, killer sounding pickup is on the top of my list right now. it may mean tweaking the design of the Duncans i've been using, or finding something that works better. i will say that Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio and EMG have all been really helpful in helping me sort this out and develop something cool. i've worked directly with all of them at this point. i'm just trying out all my options before i commit to a change.
                              Last edited by TVTiZtiK; 01-31-2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X