No announcement yet.

RR3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome thanks. im thinking of doing black and gold hardware.
    if i do im gonna get a gold floyd. is there one that works really well with the rrs?

Comment

well fender/jackson has a newer version of the jt580lp out now its a jt585lp and they say it is slightly better than the 580 so im going to order one and see for myself. I got all this info from the fender/jackson desk bitch they have anwsering the phone, but hey you cant beat 129.99 shipped to your front door for a licensed floyd rose in balck with the nut, screws, and plates all included in that price!

Comment

In 2005, Jackson did improve the base plate metal on the JT-580LP trems.
        That said, an OFR will fit just fine in the existing JT-580LP route.
        -Rick

Comment

is there any real difference between an OFR and the newer licensed besides the obvious. i have played guitars with OFR's and i have guitars with the JT-580LP and didn't really get a different feel or result. is one really that much better than the other?

Comment

Depends on who you ask.
            Just like guitar snobs and amp snobs, there are trem snobs.

I like the feel of an OFR, but the Takeuchi made JT-580LP's are really nice too.
            As far as tone and such, I don't hear any significant difference between the two I mentioned.
            You can throw a Big Block brass spring block on either one to give it more sustain.
            -Rick

Comment

yea i thought as much. thanks.

Comment

I also have a RR3, trans blue blk hardware.
                I have EMG 81,85's in it and I am pretty happy with it.
                It has some buzzing issues at various frets when you play it unplugged but you cant tell plugged in.
                The buzzing is scattered so its not a truss adj or action problem.
                I think for the money the RR3 is a good buy.
                $400 is pretty good for a cherry guitar with case.
                Make sure you play it before you buy.
                Good luck!

Comment

thanks. i have already played it and now i want it even more. hopefully ill have it ether by tonight or tomorrow. just waiting on my friend to buy my ibanez so i have the extra cash to buy it.

Comment

what model of the floyd rose will fit in the jt580 585's place just wondering since i dont know much about the OFR

Comment

well i finally got it! i picked it up from the guy today and have been playing since i got it. i couldn't be happier with the sound or the feel of the guitar. i do want to switch out the PUPs but these are good enough for right now. its in good condition except for a small scratch on the large wing and a small chip at the bottom of the wing (as expected). other than that its awesome!

Comment

Good deal i hope you will enjoy it i know i enjoy mine!

Comment

Working...
                        X