No announcement yet.

Yet another Dinky ID thread -- newbie post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lighting makes that DK2 look like a creamsicle. Good lord, that's nice.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

nice!Good score DK2 amberburst

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
      The lighting makes that DK2 look like a creamsicle. Good lord, that's nice.
      HAHA I was thinking the same thing,well looks like you got your answers on the id of it,how does it sound?and play?(must play great if youve played all night) -Good score ~rock on!
      Last edited by highvoltage; 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Wow, nice score man! It must play great!
        As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Hey all,
          Yeah it plays great! I really love it. There a couple little problems you gurus might be able to help me out with. They don't really piss me off, but I figured I'd bring 'em up seeing as you all are indeed gurus.

- The low E string buzzes a bit when playing it open...
          - Another issue (probably related) is that it appears the action isn't consistent. That is, it's lower near the headstock, and gets higher towards the trem - for all strings.
          - Another issue (again probably related) is the previous owner set it up with .009 strings, which I think is lighter than stock. He claims it was all setup by a pro, but it does feel a little "off". Maybe the trem isn't setup 100% correctly for the lighter strings?

Bottom line, I was thinking about taking it to a shop I trust and just have them go over it. I could take some more pictures if that would help. Feedback, thoughts, etc?

Comment

Everyone sets up their guitar differently.
            Sounds like you don't care for the previous owners setup. Not a big deal at all.
            As for the string gauge, the DK2 originally shipped with .009-.042 strings.

My advice would be for you to take it to a shop and have it setup to your liking.
            -Rick

Comment

Low action will have buzz if you can't hear it thru the amp its not a problem IMO.
              Yes get it set up for your playing preference.Nice score thats a sharp one for sure.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
              X