Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dk2m - Versatility and Music Style

Hi,
    I've been looking at the jackson dk2m a lot recently, and i am wondering what sort of music style's it suits best.

I see quite a few people playing stuff like mettalica, megadeth, and children of bodem type stuff on jacksons, and can't help thinking that they're more suited to the heavier sort of stuff.

I play mainly 80's rock and classic rock, such as van halen, ratt, white lion and Guns n Roses, but i do also play some heavier stuff.

Does anyone know if the dk2m would suit and sound good for both these styles/genres of music?

Also how would a jackson superstrat (or dk2m specifically) compare to a charvel superstrat, with similar pickups (seymour duncan jb in bridge) and wood materials. Would there be a lot of difference?

Thanks

Works killer for just about anything short of bluegrass!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

It's really a fantastic guitar, plays nice for all styles.

It attracts loads of pussy too.

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
        --floydkramer

Comment

great guitar . i have 2 and an rg550 and a dk1 and im keeping only the dk2m's . yea i just love the necks more and the maple with sharks. did put a dimarzio super 3 in place of the jb and put an ofr too so its not exactly stock. maybe i got lucky with mine but they are just awesome axes. i play mostly metal but the jazz is a nice clean pickup too i also do some clean .anyways get a couple you wont be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Works killer for just about anything short of bluegrass!

Then you haven't spent much time playing bluegrass

Seriously, any Jackson can be used for any type of music. It's up to the player and how worried you are about the narrow-mindedness of others and their preconceived notions of what is and is not "acceptable" for a given type of music.

Get an RR5FR in Pink and go play some Reggae, C&W, Polka, or Swing and let the nay-sayers go blow themselves
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The DK2M will do anything, your amp is more of a factor than the guitar is. I've been jamming blues all day on my COW7 after I got my neck pickup wired up.

Comment

Here's my buddy Tyler rippin' out some Death on his white DK2M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnGDgkOQetc

If you look closely you can see a familiar fattie :ROTF:
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The JB that's in the bridge was designed for (J)eff (B)eck. dont remember him doing much metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Then you haven't spent much time playing bluegrass

You have me there!
                    My ex-father-in-law used to be a BIG bluegrass fan.
                    Those cats can play!!!
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It's good to hear that the dk2m can play lots of different styles/genres. Theres some nice dk2m pics posted; the eerie dess swirl looks cool.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums.
                      Last edited by tj90; 02-06-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Pleasure to have you tj!
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by tj90 View Post
                          Thanks for the replies. It's good to hear that the dk2m can play lots of different styles/genres. Theres some nice dk2m pics posted; the eerie dess swirl looks cool.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forums.

I have to admit that EDS looks sweet but get the DK2M in white . I can't stop looking at mine.
                          Guitars:
                          Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
                          Ibanez S520EX
                          Jackson DK2M

Comment

Great versatile guitars.

Also, if you get the regular DK2 (non-maple board) you can get it with the H-S-S pickup configuration, giving you a single coil pickup option.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

I know a few guys added a 5way switch for coil tappoing and out of phase sounds can't get much more versatile than that allthough the JB is not a favourite of mine...

I hope to get a DK2M eventually...

I've been putting that off since they were released!

I think I saw you walk past at the beginning Ron...

Comment

Working...
                              X