No announcement yet.

Just got my Kelly pro, someting is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I was afraid to play on them LOL! mike get blood poisoning if I cut myself hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by metalone View Post
      yeah I was afraid to play on them LOL! mike get blood poisoning if I cut myself hahaha!
      Yeah bro, once you get all the neck problems fixed change those strings ASAP!
      Gibson SG Standard
      Jackson DK2M Dinky
      Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
      Roland Micro Cube
      Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Originally posted by Dinky93 View Post
        Yeah bro, once you get all the neck problems fixed change those strings ASAP!
        and more pic too since that's such a rare and kick ass guitar, you lucky bastard
        Own:
        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
        w/e catches my eyes ATM
        More '90 Professionals

Comment

Take the old strings off and put a new set on. Tune it up to pitch.

Maybe this guitar was originally set up with monster cables and the guy put on some slinkies without adjusting the neck for the reduced tension.

Comment

Dude.. Loosen the fricken truss rod NOWWWWWW

There's nothing wrong with that guitar...

1- Loosten the truss rod, (turn nut counter clockwise), DO it slowly until you can fee the tention release a bit (maybe half a turn).

2- Then change the strings (holey crap batman)

3- with new strings on, push down on the first fret, and the 24th fret of the each string starting at the high e string (pressing on the 1st and 24 fret at the same time.

This will allow the string to lye down over the frets.

If the string frets out on the 2nd fret and will not make any noise if you try to strum it (while still pressing down on both 1st and 24th frets), then loosen the truss rod more, until the neck is straight, or the string has enough clearance to vibrate.

Do this for each string.

I've had a KV pro, it was the most awesome guitar that I ever had. The necks are super thin.

ENJOY!!!!

PS, last but not least, Get a fret Buffing, man that guitar needs it. It will play allot better after that as well. Guitar techs like it when you bring them nice guitars like that to work with. Probably will charge you less.

-B

Comment

Man, dont do a thing to that guitar for at least 12 hours. Let it sit over night and then pick it up when you get home from school or work. Don't go fucking around with it until it's had some time to adjust to the climate, as was suggested above by New and Toe.
              Guitars:
              '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
              '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
              '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
              Amp:
              VOX AD30VT

Comment

I'm restringing it today after a buff on the frets and finger board cleaning, I did a small truss rod adjustment and it helped a lot, I know I jumped the gun when I posted
                I should have checked the back bow first
                The guitar has been here in FL. all weekend [of course at the UPS station] but I let it sit all night and I'll do the restring today
                It also has a SD Screamin Demon in it [Non trembucker] I have a few Trem spaced SD
                I want to try including a JB that I swapped an A8 magnet in that kicks a$$, If you have not tried this it really beefs up the JB and smooths the high mids, and it's easy to do!

Comment

That's a freakin' nice woodchopper you landed!
                  Congrats on a great score.
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                    That's a freakin' nice woodchopper you landed!
                    Congrats on a great score.
                    Thanks Bro, I ended up paying $700 for it so it was a good deal!

Comment

More like good steal!

Wowies!!!
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Cool, it's a real live Kelly Pro - haven't seen anyone score one around here for a while

Though I have seen a few people refer to their KE3 as a "Kelly Pro" - especially when some nimrod they bought it from put a "Kelly Pro" trussrod cover on it

Anyhoo, every neckthrough I have and have had previously will change pitch noticeably when you lean forward or tilt it on its back. Like Toe said, maybe it's an inherent flaw in the construction method. Bolt-ons do it to a degree. It also depends on whether it has a scarf joint or if it's got a Floyd. Tuners and locking nuts add more mass to the head than most people realize, and since they're at the end of the neck, flexing is more noticeable.

You want a real scare, grab a San Dimas-era Jackson bass and watch the head bow forward under full tension!

As for acclimating, it's not just being in the State, it's gotta be in your house. The relative humidity inside the house, air pressure, temperature, etc are all different between an insulated, climate-controlled house vs a UPS warehouse.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dinky93 View Post
                          Holy crap! Those strings are freakin' nasty.
                          Holy McJeebus, worse strings I've EVER seen! By the way, nice score! Very cool guitar!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Cool, it's a real live Kelly Pro - haven't seen anyone score one around here for a while

Though I have seen a few people refer to their KE3 as a "Kelly Pro" - especially when some nimrod they bought it from put a "Kelly Pro" trussrod cover on it

Anyhoo, every neckthrough I have and have had previously will change pitch noticeably when you lean forward or tilt it on its back. Like Toe said, maybe it's an inherent flaw in the construction method. Bolt-ons do it to a degree. It also depends on whether it has a scarf joint or if it's got a Floyd. Tuners and locking nuts add more mass to the head than most people realize, and since they're at the end of the neck, flexing is more noticeable.

You want a real scare, grab a San Dimas-era Jackson bass and watch the head bow forward under full tension!

As for acclimating, it's not just being in the State, it's gotta be in your house. The relative humidity inside the house, air pressure, temperature, etc are all different between an insulated, climate-controlled house vs a UPS warehouse.
                            Yeah the house is deffently not the the same as the warehouse, I more or less meant that comming from Tenn. to FL. the temp change is drastic
                            When I played in Norway in 07 our dressing room was across the alley from the venu, you had to cross a walk way[2ndfloor] and the stage was hot
                            I left my Charvel in the case to bring it to the stage but the tuning still went wack right away, retuned and it stayed pretty good
                            I also have a Soloist Pro and the neck is a lot more stable than this one as far as I can tell right now, my Charvel 550xl moves a bit but not to bad

Comment

Hmmm. Isn't the Kelly neck thinner than the Soloist?
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by metalone View Post
                                Thanks Bro, I ended up paying $700 for it so it was a good deal!
                                Well, with all of those neck problems it's worth half of that now

Comment

Working...
                                X