• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL2h-Sustain?

Hi all i'm own now thw limited edition of Sl2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2S5E...e=channel_page

I'm also have my older axe Esp Ltd viper 50

What kind of this 2 Guitar shoot have better sustain???

a} Jackson
    b} LTD

becouse i'm a litle suprise becouse looks like my Cheap Ltd has beter sustain.Also specilaly when i'm do for example on Hi-e 17p15 and then slide to 14 the toneon jackson like die!!!! also basic check on sustain looks like Ltd sound lomger..The Jackson is nec truue..Ltd is Bolt neck

If jackson has to have better sustain where is problem then??

Thanks

Are you a Wild and Crazy guy?

Comment

sometimes you have to learn how to coax your new instruments to sound their best. otherwise I'd say that your LTD's hardtail will definitely have more sustain compared to the jackson's floyd.

Comment

How can you see sustain, you silly Czech-person??
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Are you a Wild and Crazy guy?
          omg what's happen to you

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            How can you see sustain, you silly Czech-person??

hey what is also your problem{platinum member} why u just don't try help me with you knowledge?????? OMG
            i'm belive you was know what i'm asking for!!!!!
            btw-Thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Foulacy View Post
              sometimes you have to learn how to coax your new instruments to sound their best. otherwise I'd say that your LTD's hardtail will definitely have more sustain compared to the jackson's floyd.

Thanks lot of people giving me diferent answers..i'm was trully belive the Jackson has to have more sustain becouse this more like 1000$ Guitar against 190$ cheap Ltd ..some people telling me man change pickups-strings blablaba and you will get better sustain on your Jackson

some people also tell me man you are Crazy nad Silly

btw-Thanks for your Reply

Comment

Some guitars just sustain longer than others, and it's got nothing to do with having a bolt-on, neck-thru or set neck. Don't buy into the myth that neck-thru is always better. Some guitars are just dogs.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by besip View Post
                  hey what is also your problem{platinum member} why u just don't try help me with you knowledge??????
                  i'm belive you was know what i'm asking for!!!!!
                  btw-Thanks for your reply
                  Because you are a troll.

How do you say "troll" in Czech?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    How do you say "troll" in Czech?
                    skřítek

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Some guitars just sustain longer than others, and it's got nothing to do with having a bolt-on, neck-thru or set neck. Don't buy into the myth that neck-thru is always better. Some guitars are just dogs.
                    +1
                    uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Fixed bridges would bring more sustain and resonance than a floating one according to some. I cannot make a complete objective comparison as my Jackson is floating bridge + adler wood and my Gibson is fixed bridge + mahogany. Anyhow, the Gibson resonates and sustains far more than the Jackson. That's why I'm getting the Jackson's licensed FR replaced by a fixed (stop-tail) bridge.

Comment

The actual materials used will have as much effect on sustain as the construction itself. Some types of wood are very dense, while others have a more open grain. Finish thickness is a factor, as is the way that the different materials "cooperate" for more overall resonance. If you unplug both guitars and simply strum a chord on each, you should find the answer to the question of which sustains more, but you would need to have fresh strings and similar action on both to even conduct an accurate test.
                        sigpic

Comment

And then there's string height, pickup height, string gauge, etc etc.

However, it sounds like your Soloist may have a low (or high) fret if the slide to the 14th from the 15th is dying immediately.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ron, he just wants to stand next to your big American breasts.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                            X