My first Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Jackson

I wanted to ask some feedback before I bought my first Jackson but the impulse to buy was too hard to resist. I really like the DK2M but noticed this reverse Dinky Professional sitting in the store. Actually the guitar had been sitting in the store forever. I mentioned that to the sales rep and he agreed with me and said he would love to get it out of the store. The price was $125.00 less than the sticker price so hopefully it's a good deal. Needs a good cleaning which I think will make the pickups, headstock and hardware look as close to new. Neck is thin and fast which is always nice. Seems everyone on JCF said to grab a Professional if you could find one at a good price so I did.

nice! That's a good'un there. I've always liked the look of the granite finish.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I would go with the Professional. I have never owned a DK2M but I have a few DK2s and I would never buy one again. I don't have one with Seymour Duncan pups but others and I just don't like them. I don't like the tone and I don't like the necks. But that is just me. I am sure others will disagree with me but that is my opinion. Go with the Pro!
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I always liked those granite Dinky Reverses.

Comment

Serial Number?

The serial number reads 923844. Does that sound like the legit serial number? Seen others on the bay going with a different serial number, nothing starting with a "9."
          Last edited by aceinet; 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Nice score. I would have gone for the Dinky reverse too. Really nice thin necks. Not sure about the serial. Anyone?

Comment

Sweet axe, congrats.
              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by aceinet View Post
                The serial number reads 923844. Does that sound like the legit serial number? Seen others on the bay going with a different serial number, nothing starting with a "9."
                Sounds legit to me 92xxxx would probably be the year of manufacture and granite Dinky reverses are in the catalogue from that period.

Comment

when did they stop putting professional on the headstock?
                  sorry but im a noob with jackson's and im curious. (ive been off in ibanez land for a long time)

Comment

Around 1995 IIRC
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice, welcome

Comment

Very nice guitar.

These necks are to die for.

Great score!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Cyg's first Jackson!
                          "POOP"

Comment

That guitar was at cash n a flash on texas street a while back(or one identical to it) I played it and it was pretty sweet, they also had a model 4 and it was cheaper so I bought it instead. I've bought quite a few used jacksons from tom at cashnaflash, he's cut me some deals
                            jackson pc-1 chameleon
                            charvel model 4
                            prs ce-24 emerald green
                            ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                            jackson rr ps 3t
                            ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                            engl thunder 50
                            ibanez rg 565
                            mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Troubles?

Well this one and another stone Professional were sitting up at the Sam Ash in San Antonio for a while. I was back up there today and I didn't see the other one on the floor. Not sure if someone finally bought it or they still have it in the back (where they put it when I bought this one).

But I'm having some troubles. Looks like the B string lock screw is stripped and I can't loosen it with an allen wrench. Should I soak the entire floyd unit in some oil to lube it or should I try something else? I've tried using some plyers but no success. Would WD40 be acceptable? Thankfully the extra part package was included in the case so I should be able to swap the stripped one out with another one.

Thanks!
                              Last edited by aceinet; 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X