No announcement yet.

My first Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could hit it with WD40 and let it sit for a while. That might be enough. Otherwise, soaking it could do the trick.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Wd40

WD40 did the trick. Bought some 0000 steel wool to clean frets and some gunk on the pickup casing and screws.

Comment

Sadness

Well the uncontrollable Guitar Acquisition Syndrom is probably going to force me to part this one out. The neck plays great but the electronics seem to need some more work. I've already got two other "projects" brewing so my Jackson will probably be leaving soon.

Comment

OK, see ya in the Classifieds!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This jackson looks good!

Comment

change the body

So then let me ask a question. Would I run into any big issues with the neck if I switched it to another Jackson body? The neck is great and I'm sure I would kick myself for getting rid of this one. Even though GAS is strong, regret can be just as strong. What about moving it to a DK2M body? I've been on a single humbucker kick lately so that limited edition DK2M with just the single humbucker looks really nice. Or maybe even a Charvel single humbucker type of body, could that work?

Comment

If everything else is good, why not just fix the electronics? Unless you don't like the body...

Pat

Comment

Body

Yeah the body really isn't doing anything for me. Sure the neck is great but looking at the body makes me want to either paint the body or swap it out for another body.

Comment

Working...
                  X