DKMG Neck problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG Neck problem

Hey guys! Just got my first Jackson, I'm so happy with it, a used DKMG off craigslist. Its the old one with the passive EMG pickups and I can't put it down.

There's just one issue I noticed and that is that the neck joint is seemingly solid but I can notice some note bends if I hold the neck back.. I'm just basically moving my guitar on my lap with the neck and I can hear slight bends back and forth similar to that of a tremolo noise. Is this common of bolt ons or is this something I should fix immediately?
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Did ya check the screws to see if they are tight?

Comment

They are tight and I'm gonna check with a screw driver now, any other ideas guys? I love Jackson and nothing is gonna take me away this guitar is a better shredder than my LTD.
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

That's a common thing. Wood flexes, but don't flex it too far or you'll break something.

Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Hendrix, just about everybody used that "trick" to bend notes like a tremolo.

Most of them snapped more than one neck off a Les Paul that way, also.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X