Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what model my jackson stars is it?

hi guys,
    i just bought this guitar but i dont know what model it is and the seller man didnt know too,

as you can see it has floyd rose original,2 emg 81 on bridge and neck,maple neck and fingerboard
    the main thing i wanna know is the body,do you have any idea about the wood of body?

the serial number is : 9663538

tnx alot guys

Originally posted by Ashkan View Post
    hi guys,
    i just bought this guitar but i dont know what model it is and the seller man didnt know too,

as you can see it has floyd rose original,2 emg 81 on bridge and neck,maple neck and fingerboard
    the main thing i wanna know is the body,do you have any idea about the wood of body?

the serial number is : 9663538

tnx alot guys

I have no idea about your guitar, sorry. But congrats. It's a beauty! I'd love to have one.
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

thanks dude

Comment

Is it neckthrough or bolt-on? Looks like an SL2 with maple board.

Not a lot is known here about JacksonStars models, unfortunately. I want to say that serial number is for a bolt-on, as it's similar in format to the Pro series Jacksons, however that only serves as a rough estimate on dating - could be a 2008, could be a 2001.

Anyway, if I were to guess the body wood based on the specs (EMGs, OFR, no inlays), I'd say it's either maple or alder. That could be a semi-custom someone ordered, and they may have ordered a maple body. I doubt anyone would order a basswood body, so if it's not mahogany, it's gotta be maple or alder/poplar.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

seller man
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            seller man
            sorry dude,my english is so weak

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Is it neckthrough or bolt-on? Looks like an SL2 with maple board.

Not a lot is known here about JacksonStars models, unfortunately. I want to say that serial number is for a bolt-on, as it's similar in format to the Pro series Jacksons, however that only serves as a rough estimate on dating - could be a 2008, could be a 2001.

Anyway, if I were to guess the body wood based on the specs (EMGs, OFR, no inlays), I'd say it's either maple or alder. That could be a semi-custom someone ordered, and they may have ordered a maple body. I doubt anyone would order a basswood body, so if it's not mahogany, it's gotta be maple or alder/poplar.
              its bolt-on, and thanks for the reply
              and how much does it cost in your point of view?

Comment

That's hard to say - if it was a USA Jackson, it'd most likely be a Custom Shop, which means higher price, but probably only up to $800-$1200, since it also depends on the condition and the buyer.

Given that it's a Japan-made model, even though it's a top-of-the-line Japan-made model, potential buyers more often equate that with lesser quality and lower price than USA models, so I wouldn't expect to get more than $800 for it in a last-minute bidding war on Ebay.

If you're looking to sell it, take better pictures of it (better than you get from a cel phone), and put it on Ebay.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty much all the Jackson Stars Dinky bodies are Alder.
                  Looks like it's based on the DK-01.
                  The Floyd and the EMG's were available as an upgrade without going the CS route, but the fretboard had to have been custom ordered that way.
                  -Rick

Comment

i put some new pics

Comment

Working...
                    X