What model KV does this appear to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model KV does this appear to be?

Might be tradin mah Tele for this, any idea which model it is?

I'm guessing it's an import, but it could be a USA, not sure what it says on the tip of the headstock.

USA KV-1 Dave Mustaine model

There's some guys on here that can give you the low down on this if you have other questions.
    I can tell you that it's getting hard to find these in nice shape.
    Thinkin that they were made in '92-95??? But I could be wrong.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
      USA KV-1 Dave Mustaine model

There's some guys on here that can give you the low down on this if you have other questions.
      I can tell you that it's getting hard to find these in nice shape.
      Thinkin that they were made in '92-95??? But I could be wrong.

Incorrect.

That is a KV Pro. Made in Japan 1993 to 1995. Amazing guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by FastJunkie View Post
        Might be tradin mah Tele for this, any idea which model it is?

I'm guessing it's an import, but it could be a USA, not sure what it says on the tip of the headstock.
        If you can trade a tele for that, Sheesh, I'd trade two tele's for that guitar.

What's he asking for it?

Comment

Well I can't remember exactly (I deleted the email by accident) but I'm pretty sure he said 350-400. If this is indeed a KV Pro and he did ask me that price I would be correct in thinking this would be more than a steal, yes?

Comment

Well I can't remember exactly (I deleted the email by accident) but I'm pretty sure he said 350-400. If this is indeed a KV Pro and he did ask me that price I would be correct in thinking this would be more than a steal, yes?

uh ya..

Comment

thats one sweet guitar ,make the trade man!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                Incorrect.

That is a KV Pro. Made in Japan 1993 to 1995. Amazing guitar.
                I think metalchurch79 saw what looks to be Dave's sig on the headstock. So he thought that's what it was. So did I, then I saw there was no "Made In The USA" on it.
                Gibson SG Standard
                Jackson DK2M Dinky
                Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                Roland Micro Cube
                Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

I'd be leary of this deal. At $350-400, the guy either has no idea what he's selling, it's been seriously abused, or it's stolen. They say "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", but...

Comment

For $400 I would overlook most of the kinds of abuse that can be done. I don't like refins or cracked necks or stripped truss rods or filed S/N's.

Comment

That thing is beautiful.

Comment

If you "could be wrong" then don't post.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nope I asked again and that was the price, he seems to be interested in my tele for trade. I'll see if I can arrange a time to check it out. I'm not going to do the trade unless the thing's in excellent condition, I've barred myself from doing any trades on old beat up guitars anymore. Plus I just got the tele in December so I'd prefer not to trade it if I could....

Comment

Originally posted by Dinky93 View Post
                            I think metalchurch79 saw what looks to be Dave's sig on the headstock. So he thought that's what it was. So did I, then I saw there was no "Made In The USA" on it.
                            The USA model didn't say "Made in USA" either. It just said USA and then had the signature after it. Same thing for Marty's KE1.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The USA model didn't say "Made in USA" either. It just said USA and then had the signature after it. Same thing for Marty's KE1.
                              Oh, well thank you for pointing that out, toejam. You learn something new everyday. I have a question though, why does it appear to have Dave's sig on it if it isn't a KV1?
                              Gibson SG Standard
                              Jackson DK2M Dinky
                              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
                              Roland Micro Cube
                              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Working...
                              X