can someone id these ser# for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone id these ser# for me

been lurking around for awhile. I saw these 2 guitars at a local shop guy that was there wasnt much help. first is a charvel #299822 jackson humbuckers. 2nd is a kelly #9705401 s.d pups lic chrome floyd trem. i havnt touched a guitar in 16 yrs and even then was just learning. any info would be appreciated. thanks

Welcome....

Well, first the 299822 is a Charvel Model Series bolt-on serial from 1988. You mentioned "humbuckers"....if its 2 of 'em the guitar is a Model 3 variant....3A?? Sorry, just had brain-lock. Anyway, check our Henrik's audiozone.dk site for a positive Model ID. Someone else will chime in on the Kelly.

Mark
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

thanks for the info. charvel has 2 singles and a humbucker, maple neck and board. he was asking $300 didnt know if it is a good price or not. I couldnt access any info on the link you provided

Comment

Let's see...

Two control knobs = Model 3, three knobs = Model 4. Depending on overall condition, intact headstock tip, whether originality is important, intact JE1200 mid-boost in the Model 4, etc etc.....I'd say its a very good Model 4 price, and about average for a Model 3. Like I said there are a fairly wide range of varaibles here.....may want to check out the 'Bay or other sites to get a better overview of the market. As far as audiozone.dk, Henrik has all the catalogs and info you will ever need under the "history" tab [I think LOL]. I believe there is also a link from a "sticky" at the top of various forums here referencing "identification". Good luck.

Mark
        "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

The Kelly is a 2004 Made in Japan, probably a KE3.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jackson21 View Post
            thanks for the info. charvel has 2 singles and a humbucker, maple neck and board. he was asking $300 didnt know if it is a good price or not. I couldnt access any info on the link you provided
            H-S-S & a maple board suggests either a Model 1C or a Model 4M. Did it have a locking bridge or a vintage trem?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

thanks guys. no locking bridge. unsure on trem no marking on it. wqas black with screws on lower side

Comment

Working...
              X