Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Jackson Stars

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you guys. Pardon me for my bad english, hope you guys understand what i am saying here.

I bought this guitar from ebay couple weeks ago. It comes with a leather GB. Cant say its a good deal. I even think its over-priced. But it surely is a very comfortable and fast neck guitar to play with. Heh...

Here comes some pictures

Specs as below,
    • BODY : Alder
    • SCALE : 648mm, 24F
    • NECK : Maple Thru-Neck
    • FINGERBOARD : Bound Striped Ebony with Sharkfin Inlays
    • BRIDGE : Kahler #2320K with Schaller #1382 Locking Nut
    • PICKUPS :
      SL-J2EK=EMG-81 (Front & Rear)
    • CONTROL : 1Volume, 1Tone, 3Way Toggle Switch
    • HARDWARE : Black
    • FINISHES : BK

Thank you for viewing
    Last edited by Lemon[Nade]; 03-19-2009, 04:27 AM.

Nice, but what makes you say it was overpriced?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm... this guitar costed me 1200$ USD, dang! it only comes with a soft gigbag. Heh.. I shouldnt say its over priced. But this is the most expensive guitar that i ever bought. I hope its a great investment.

Comment

Well, since it's made for the Japanese domestic market, and not a regular part of Jackson's import line, they're not held back as far as quality goes, so what you've got is a guitar that's comparable to the USA Select SL2H with a Custom Shop option - the Kahler bridge - for the price of a USA Select.

I'd say you did good.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Real nice guitar Lemon!

I agree with Newc, you didn't pay too much at all.

Welcome to the Forum!

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

re: Newc
            Thanks a lot! I barely see people using kahler though. People in US barely use it too?

re: nhspike
            Thanks for your greeting! Looking forward to learn from you guys BTW, I cant find any guitar that can store my Soloist, Will charvel guitar case do?

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
              Real nice guitar Lemon!

I agree with Newc, you didn't pay too much at all.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for your greeting. Looking forward to learn from you guys
              BTW, i cant find any case to store my jackson. Will Charvel guitar case do?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Well, since it's made for the Japanese domestic market, and not a regular part of Jackson's import line, they're not held back as far as quality goes, so what you've got is a guitar that's comparable to the USA Select SL2H with a Custom Shop option - the Kahler bridge - for the price of a USA Select.

I'd say you did good.
                Its my first time to use Kahler bridge. The biggest surprise is its easy to tune up the guitar comparing to a floyd rose. :Sorry to Floyd rose fans, i am just telling my truth: Other than that, i like the neck of this guitar, Very comfort and my hands are small, so yea.
                BTW, People in US barely use Kahler bridge?

Comment

Hi Lemon!

That guitar is pure sex! Very nice.
                  I think the price is ok, too

Comment

Looks nice, except for those EMGs
                    Scott

Comment

^

GRR, Don't You INSULT MY BABIES!
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

That looks like an SL-J2KE (or SL-J2EK). I don't think that you overpaid at $1200 new, either.

If your Charvel case is form fitted for an older Model series, the guitar may wobble around in there a bit, because the soloist body is a little smaller.

Jackson Stars do make form fitted hard cases for their soloists (although not any more for their NASL's... Sorry Newc)
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                          That looks like an SL-J2KE (or SL-J2EK). I don't think that you overpaid at $1200 new, either.

If your Charvel case is form fitted for an older Model series, the guitar may wobble around in there a bit, because the soloist body is a little smaller.

Jackson Stars do make form fitted hard cases for their soloists (although not any more for their NASL's... Sorry Newc)
                          SL-J2EK is the model number.
                          I probably will keep it in my softcase cuz i use this guitar so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                            ^

GRR, Don't You INSULT MY BABIES!
                            Yea Babe. EMG FTW!

Comment

Hi Guys, I was wondering do i need to put WD-40 (Lubricant) on the side of the each saddles every few months? I rarely use the tremolo, but is it necessary to do this kind of maintenance on the guitars?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X