Interesting fact about Soloist XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting fact about Soloist XL

I have two, but one of the necks always felt wider and faster, so I measured them at the base and at the headstock. I was right!!! There is about a 1mm difference at both ends, maybe a tad more, and the profiles are definitely different. So I guess there were different production lines of the Soloist XL.... Weird... Might sell one off, so lemme know if you're interested. sorry if this is the wrong place to post...

I'm pretty sure these were hand-shaped to some degree, and as a result, there was some normal variation.

Of the 3 or 4 model 6's that I've had (and one XL), I have noticed some were much thinner than others.

I've grown to like all kinds of neck shapes these days, where I used to only go for wide/flat/thin (a product of my exposure to early Floyded Kramer's).

Talk about W I D E
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
      Might sell one off, so lemme know if you're interested. sorry if this is the wrong place to post...
      Yes, this is the wrong place to post. Many newbies get seriously flamed for "spam and run" threads.

FS/WTS threads go in the classified section.

You need to be a platinum member to post in that section.

You need to click the link and send $20 in to become a platinum member.

Comment

Not uncommon I have four Archtop soloists and they are all slightly different . They go from fat to thin . Even the five 750XLs I owned were different .
        Last edited by Model 88; 03-22-2009, 11:25 AM.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Never thought about that.
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203