No announcement yet.

Indian made rhoads, sharkies red bevels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't put the money into any Jacksons yet, but I can tell you it sure as hell felt better than the JS30 Kelly and the string thru Rhoads in the store. It also felt better to me than the RR3, although I didn't compare those to each other as much as I did to the other ones (GC is not far from my school, so I go there often when I'm not busy after school) because it has rusty strings, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. The only Jackson it was comparable to in the store IMO was the DK2; which I don't like as much because of its H/S/S comfiguration.

If you have a GC near you, I'd go looking for this guitar and trying it out; if it feels good and sounds good I'd go for it.

Comment

yeah i just might check one out. right now my guitar count is at 13 and as childish as it may be i'm kinda diggin it. if i sell my rr3 i might get one. it would be a down grade, but with a better jackson neck and some blackouts it'd probably killer. black and red

Comment

It's definitely got the looks down. I love the look of a colored bevel Rhoads...or King V for that matter.

Comment

i really want to see a pic of it, and i would prolly get one of those...but how come i cant find it on E-gay and MF....weird o_O
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

It's nowhere on the internet, part of why I brought this thread back from the third page...it's not even in the Jackson catalog. This is a big WTF moment.

Comment

There's already a used on for sale in the San Bernadino GC, $280, and they got a pic up

Comment

That does not look too bad! ... how is the quality of it? rivals the Jap made ones?

Comment

Is that a maple fretboard I spy? NEED.

I wonder if it's gonna be another one of those weird GC-only kinda deals...
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Looks kinda cool, but they should save some of those finishes for the upper end guitars and change the colors for the mid-level guitars.
                    This is why things get confusing...

It's probably the equivalent to the KVX10 in a Rhoads body. Doesn't appear to have a Maple board, especially at that price.

My main concern is what type of body wood it has. Hopefully Alder and not Basswood or Indian Cedro, MDF, or Fiberweed, etc...
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

It's probably the equivalent to the KVX10 in a Rhoads body. Doesn't appear to have a Maple board, especially at that price.
                      Those are made in japan now, but yes The one I saw does seem to be better quality then the older ones.

Comment

It's a rosewood neck.

Comment

well another thread had me comin back and now i gotta find one. i hate the control layout, but could be an awesome guitar with a neck swap. i'm sure someone has gotten one by now. thoughts?

Comment

i played one today, and the neck wasn't bad, slightly less than or on par with the Japanese bolt on necks, and i will be getting one thursday

Comment

I wouldnt be calling it a JS30FR when theres already the JS35 from jackson stars, which was the exact same thing as a JS30 only with a trem, they had a 30 and a 35 of every body style, it just made sense, if they did the exact same thing only on a lower number like 10/15, and made them neckthru, they'd be selling a fuck load of guitars, all with 24 frets, and with or without floyds.
                              www.myspace.com/memnochband
                              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Sorry, but I’m tired of hearing all the import (India) bashing of the JS series guitars. I just received a JS30RRFR (like the one pictured early-on in this posting) for Father’s Day. I’ve had my eye on this particular one for quite sometime, and my wife knew it. It is beautiful and very well crafted. I fact, it stands up quite well with my American made Gibson Les Paul Studio and my American made Fender Stratocaster. I may just leave the factory Jackson CVR humbucker pickups in-place. They aren’t has “hot” as the Les Paul humbuckers, but I get tired of having to turn my Les Paul humbuckers down because of the squealing they tend to emit. The guitar feels good, fretboard included. The action is quite low. And the Jackson Floyd Rose tremolo works like a champ and returns to neutral every time. Easy to keep in tune and stay in tune, even after raising heck on the tremolo. The paint is perfect; black with red accent bevels. The only upgrade that I can see needing is Dunlop strap locks and maybe a pickguard. If it didn’t say “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was an import. I only wish that Jackson Guitars would put some information on there website about this guitar. In appearance, it resembles the JS35RR more than the JS30RR, and which information is equally as difficult to find as well. Jackson has done a good job with this guitar. Don’t knock it. Yes, you can play it comfortably sitting down, but real guitarists stand. P.S. The body is Alder, NOT Indian Cedro as advertised elsewhere on various other (inferior) websites. The neck is Maple, and the 24 fret fretboard is Rosewood with MOTO sharkfin inlays.

Comment

Working...
                                X