Indian made rhoads, sharkies red bevels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldironhead View Post
    Sorry, but I’m tired of hearing all the import (India) bashing of the JS series guitars. I just received a JS30RRFR (like the one pictured early-on in this posting) for Father’s Day. I’ve had my eye on this particular one for quite sometime, and my wife knew it. It is beautiful and very well crafted. I fact, it stands up quite well with my American made Gibson Les Paul Studio and my American made Fender Stratocaster. I may just leave the factory Jackson CVR humbucker pickups in-place. They aren’t has “hot” as the Les Paul humbuckers, but I get tired of having to turn my Les Paul humbuckers down because of the squealing they tend to emit. The guitar feels good, fretboard included. The action is quite low. And the Jackson Floyd Rose tremolo works like a champ and returns to neutral every time. Easy to keep in tune and stay in tune, even after raising heck on the tremolo. The paint is perfect; black with red accent bevels. The only upgrade that I can see needing is Dunlop strap locks and maybe a pickguard. If it didn’t say “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was an import. I only wish that Jackson Guitars would put some information on there website about this guitar. In appearance, it resembles the JS35RR more than the JS30RR, and which information is equally as difficult to find as well. Jackson has done a good job with this guitar. Don’t knock it. Yes, you can play it comfortably sitting down, but real guitarists stand. P.S. The body is Alder, NOT Indian Cedro as advertised elsewhere on various other (inferior) websites. The neck is Maple, and the 24 fret fretboard is Rosewood with MOTO sharkfin inlays.
    Er, welcome to the forum...

One, if you have to turn your Les Paul down because the pickups squeal there's something wrong with it.
    Two, I didn't realise I had to stand up all the time to be a "real" guitarist.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Sorry, but I’m tired of hearing all the import (India) bashing of the JS series guitars. I just received a JS30RRFR (like the one pictured early-on in this posting) for Father’s Day. I’ve had my eye on this particular one for quite sometime, and my wife knew it. It is beautiful and very well crafted. I fact, it stands up quite well with my American made Gibson Les Paul Studio and my American made Fender Stratocaster. I may just leave the factory Jackson CVR humbucker pickups in-place. They aren’t has “hot” as the Les Paul humbuckers, but I get tired of having to turn my Les Paul humbuckers down because of the squealing they tend to emit. The guitar feels good, fretboard included. The action is quite low. And the Jackson Floyd Rose tremolo works like a champ and returns to neutral every time. Easy to keep in tune and stay in tune, even after raising heck on the tremolo. The paint is perfect; black with red accent bevels. The only upgrade that I can see needing is Dunlop strap locks and maybe a pickguard. If it didn’t say “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was an import. I only wish that Jackson Guitars would put some information on there website about this guitar. In appearance, it resembles the JS35RR more than the JS30RR, and which information is equally as difficult to find as well. Jackson has done a good job with this guitar. Don’t knock it. Yes, you can play it comfortably sitting down, but real guitarists stand. P.S. The body is Alder, NOT Indian Cedro as advertised elsewhere on various other (inferior) websites. The neck is Maple, and the 24 fret fretboard is Rosewood with MOTO sharkfin inlays.
      Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Sorry, but I’m tired of hearing all the import (India) bashing of the JS series guitars. In fact, it stands up quite well with my American made Gibson Les Paul Studio and my American made Fender Stratocaster.

If it didn’t say “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was an import.
        yeah right. i'm sure its a nice guitar, but it aint nowhere near a LP studio and its easily recognizable as an import. i'm pretty sure 90% of any jackson guitars you buy new in the store is an import. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

That's a more limited model made better then a lot of the others(ie alder instead of that crappy soft canadian cedar). Nice guitar but I will still take a MIJ jackson over it anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
            yeah right. i'm sure its a nice guitar, but it aint nowhere near a LP studio and its easily recognizable as an import. i'm pretty sure 90% of any jackson guitars you buy new in the store is an import. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
            I wouldn't be surprised to see it compete with a Studio, especially one of the faded ones. Studios have a pretty bad rep in some eyes. Sure it's a LP (what ever that means) but it's not the quality of a Standard.

Comment

The only upgrade that I can see needing is Dunlop strap locks and maybe a pickguard.
              Who puts a pickguard on a rear-routed guitar? The USA RR1 and the Japanese RR5 have pickguards because the electronics cavity is routed out under there, and most people complain about them.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, touchy, touchy… Guess I struck a wrong nerve with some of you. Sorry about that. I just call it the way I see it. We can agree to disagree, can’t we?

As for my Gibson Les Paul Studio. It was professionally set-up prior to me taking delivery. There is nothing wrong with it, except maybe the player (me) could be better. Everyone has there opinions concerning LP Studio finishes and the tone influence. They both can sound great in the hand of a pro… and they can both sound like “crap”… in the wrong (inexperienced) hands.

No, you don’t have to stand-up all the time to be a real guitarist. Here is where I deeply and with complete sincerity apologize to our handicapped guitarists who cannot stand and the ones who cannot see. I can only hope and pray that someday I may play as good as you.

As for “pics or it didn’t happen”, take a look at the pic earlier in this posting. That is JS30RRFR (a special run JS30RR with Jackson Floyd Rose Tremolo and lockdowns, 599 Jackson paint style found on the RR24, 24-fret fretboard with Sharkfin inlays. It is remarkably similar to its predecessor, the JS35RR.

Yes, it can easily be recognized as an import, but so can a lot of other guitars… Duh, it has “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock. I don’t know how the rest of the JS30s or JS30RRs are as compared to this one. But what I do know, is Jackson and the folks in India did a good job with this one; crafting it, setting it up, and shipping it.

As for the pickguard… because I want one, and if/when I get one I’ll also get a matching truss rod cover. Some people like them and some people don’t. Personally, I like them. Sorry, if you don’t.

As for playability, I prefer my Made in USA Fender Stratocaster over my Made in USA Gibson Les Paul Studio, and my new Jackson JS30RRFR. Guess I shouldn’t have said that in a Jackson Guitar forum.

Again, we can agree to disagree, can’t we?

Comment

oh not touchy about it. nor opinion. its just a fact that the js series is the lowest you can go without touching charvette. so its not that i hate on em. (this part is mostly opinion)its just that i personally feel you wont get the true legendary jackson feel on most(only cause i havent yet held them all) of the js series. dont get me wrong i had a 90 RR pro and though it was my dream guitar, playing most of my life on mid priced jacksons have me stuck on those. so definitly to each his own. hell a great guitarist can make a POS sound great, but the fact remains the only lower end you can get is a charvette. we can agree to disagree and theres no harhness towards you in any way.

edit- oh and if you need a custom anything hit up fretsonthenet.net
                  he's a member here budman68 ........ man i hope thats right i'm bad with remembering numbers damn smot pokin and my laziness to search right now.
                  Last edited by jdr94; 07-02-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlaytanicDude View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised to see it compete with a Studio, especially one of the faded ones. Studios have a pretty bad rep in some eyes. Sure it's a LP (what ever that means) but it's not the quality of a Standard.
                    maybe, but IMO i really doubt it could compete with a Studio, keep in mind my opinion is of one who hasnt played this JS yet, so it really isnt worth shit. I know its been praised as the best of the JS. sure a studio doesnt stand to a standard. does a tempo stand against a mustang? i doubt it. maybe if you took the best tempo against the worst mustang. if it was "this thing is on the level of a epiphone" i'd easily accept that, but being a LP studio owner, working at a music store and playing most of the js rhoads i'd be surprised if it really could hold up...happily surprised cause i really think Jackson shouldnt end up putting out cheap POS like BC Rich does.

edit- and those jackson cvr's.... now those pickups i have heard.
                    Last edited by jdr94; 07-02-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                      maybe, but IMO i really doubt it could compete with a Studio, keep in mind my opinion is of one who hasnt played this JS yet, so it really isnt worth shit. I know its been praised as the best of the JS. sure a studio doesnt stand to a standard. does a tempo stand against a mustang? i doubt it. maybe if you took the best tempo against the worst mustang. if it was "this thing is on the level of a epiphone" i'd easily accept that, but being a LP studio owner, working at a music store and playing most of the js rhoads i'd be surprised if it really could hold up...happily surprised cause i really think Jackson shouldnt end up putting out cheap POS like BC Rich does.

edit- and those jackson cvr's.... now those pickups i have heard.
                      i highly recommend you go to GC and try one, the necks not shit like lot of the js guitars, which in my experience all had somethin wrong with em.. and the cvrs are still the worst sounding pickup ive ever owned... emg x series here i come

Comment

First charvettes are made in korea so they are better then the JS series.
                        Second this guitar that we are talking about is above the build quality that you usually see in the JS series.

Comment

Hey, it looks great! The paint is perfect! The neck is straight and the action is low! The JT Floyd returns to neutral every time! The neck is thin and the fretbaord is fast! The stock CVR pickups even sound great! I cannot find a flaw in it and neither could the dealer who ensured it was properly set-up before it left his shop, like he does EVERY guitar he sells. No, Guitar Center techs did NOT do the set-up. Merle’s Music in Rolla, Missouri did the set-up. They are pros is every sense of the word. Yes, this guitar may not be the normal JS series guitar, but it is still a JS series guitar, and is one that helps bolster the Jackson name, even under the Fender umbrella. If you like, I’ll take your side and say that the majority of the JSs made are crap, but I can’t say that I know this personally. All I know is that this one (my JS30RRFR) plays quite well and is one that I’ll cry over if something ever happens to it. You really need to try out a JS30RRFR before knocking it and classifying it as crap. They may be hard to find, but they can be found. Try one, then write your review.

Comment

yeah i cant seem to find one right now, but i will. i think its an awesome guitar and if the neck has been improved than that takes out the need for a neck swap. but yeah i'll wait to try one before i post again

Comment

[No, you don’t have to stand-up all the time to be a real guitarist. Here is where I deeply and with complete sincerity apologize to our handicapped guitarists who cannot stand and the ones who cannot see. I can only hope and pray that someday I may play as good as you.
                              I think you really should be careful when calling people handicapped you fucking idiot.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

One thing I have noticed, (also read my sig) is that newbies have some trouble here. (Myself Included) Junior Members don't understand how this place works at first. (Again, I also started off on a bad foot also, but I have gotten better, Toe even told me that.) My advice to Junior members; Don't fight, swear, or aggravate, and also in the beginning, try to fit in, assimilation is good in this case.
                                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X