Indian made rhoads, sharkies red bevels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
    One thing I have noticed, (also read my sig) is that newbies have some trouble here. (Myself Included) Junior Members don't understand how this place works at first. (Again, I also started off on a bad foot also, but I have gotten better, Toe even told me that.) My advice to Junior members; Don't fight, swear, or aggravate, and also in the beginning, try to fit in, assimilation is good in this case.

Or....don't make your first and second posts attacks on other members. Maybe that would work? Suggesting someone is fucking HANDICAPPED because they sometimes sit down to play guitar is fucking moronic and insensitive to people who might genuinely be, or know someone who is, handicapped.
    Fighting and swearing is good, and aggravation is going to happen anyway - just dont join the forum and start acting like a fucking douchebag straightaway would be better advice.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Oh, BTW Old orion head is either a liar or his guitar has been fucked over. A Gibson shouldn't have pickups that squeal - my guess is it's an Epiphone, those pickups squeal like fuck if you turn the volume way up, especially in a band situation. And decent pickup, be it Duncans, DiMarzios or the ones that come in real Gibsons, shouldn't be sqeualing.

Comment

Or....don't make your first and second posts attacks on other members. Maybe that would work? Suggesting someone is fucking HANDICAPPED because they sometimes sit down to play guitar is fucking moronic and insensitive to people who might genuinely be, or know someone who is, handicapped.
        Fighting and swearing is good, and aggravation is going to happen anyway - just dont join the forum and start acting like a fucking douchebag straightaway would be better advice
        +1.

Comment

Yes I do agree, but I meanin general not just him, and my gibson doesn't squeal, but the pickups do hum some.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by oldironhead View Post
            Sorry, but I’m tired of hearing all the import (India) bashing of the JS series guitars. I just received a JS30RRFR (like the one pictured early-on in this posting) for Father’s Day. I’ve had my eye on this particular one for quite sometime, and my wife knew it. It is beautiful and very well crafted. I fact, it stands up quite well with my American made Gibson Les Paul Studio and my American made Fender Stratocaster. I may just leave the factory Jackson CVR humbucker pickups in-place. They aren’t has “hot” as the Les Paul humbuckers, but I get tired of having to turn my Les Paul humbuckers down because of the squealing they tend to emit. The guitar feels good, fretboard included. The action is quite low. And the Jackson Floyd Rose tremolo works like a champ and returns to neutral every time. Easy to keep in tune and stay in tune, even after raising heck on the tremolo. The paint is perfect; black with red accent bevels. The only upgrade that I can see needing is Dunlop strap locks and maybe a pickguard. If it didn’t say “Crafted in India” on the back of the headstock, you would never know it was an import. I only wish that Jackson Guitars would put some information on there website about this guitar. In appearance, it resembles the JS35RR more than the JS30RR, and which information is equally as difficult to find as well. Jackson has done a good job with this guitar. Don’t knock it. Yes, you can play it comfortably sitting down, but real guitarists stand. P.S. The body is Alder, NOT Indian Cedro as advertised elsewhere on various other (inferior) websites. The neck is Maple, and the 24 fret fretboard is Rosewood with MOTO sharkfin inlays.
            Maybe because Real Guitarists play Gigs?
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
              Maybe because Real Guitarists play Gigs?
              Yep, like Jeff Healey although he stood up while he played sometimes. Too bad classical guitar players don't usually play standing up, I bet they wish they were real guitarists. Or lap steel guitarists, just a dumb statement.

Comment

Greetings fellow Jackson guitar owners,

For those that don’t care where your guitar was made and all that you care is that it is a Jackson guitar and that it plays well… this is not for you. This is for those that bash each other and have bashed me for defending a well made guitar, even though that guitar was not made in the USA. When I mentioned the term handicapped guitarists, I was referring to those guitarists who may not have been as blessed as most (I assume) as the rest of us with ten fingers, ten toes, etc. My hat is off to them and I greatly respect them for not only meeting the challenges that they faced but for overcoming those challenges and perfecting their gifts as guitarists. If you didn’t already know, the god father of Metal, Tony Iommi, is an amputee. He lost his right hand finger tips on his last day on the job in a sheet metal factory (in 1965 I think). It virtually crushed him and he struggled to relearn how to play the guitar and to develop artificial finger tips so he wouldn’t slice his amputated fingers open on the strings. Thank God he didn’t give up. I long to play half as good as he. For those that are shallow and think that it is all about them and that their way is the only way… get over it. You remind me of a bunch of wanna-bee biker types that I run into periodically, easily recognizable by the nice, new leathers and low mileage odometers. My goal was for “anyone” to not judge all imports by just one “bad” import. Heck, even America turns out “bad” products every now and then. One of my goals for joining this forum was to learn more about Jackson guitars. What I read was a lot of bashing, and when I stood up to defend a well made guitar… I got bashed as well. If you play guitar, are learning to play the guitar, and like the guitar you are playing (brand or country of origin not to matter)… GREAT. If you want to sit around and pick apart someone’s posting and choices, and even their verbiage, I guess you will have a great time with me in my earlier postings and will have a great time with this posting as well.

Oldironhead

Comment

For those that don’t care where your guitar was made and all that you care is that it is a Jackson guitar and that it plays well… this is not for you. This is for those that bash each other and have bashed me for defending a well made guitar, even though that guitar was not made in the USA. When I mentioned the term handicapped guitarists, I was referring to those guitarists who may not have been as blessed as most (I assume) as the rest of us with ten fingers, ten toes, etc. My hat is off to them and I greatly respect them for not only meeting the challenges that they faced but for overcoming those challenges and perfecting their gifts as guitarists. If you didn’t already know, the god father of Metal, Tony Iommi, is an amputee. He lost his right hand finger tips on his last day on the job in a sheet metal factory (in 1965 I think). It virtually crushed him and he struggled to relearn how to play the guitar and to develop artificial finger tips so he wouldn’t slice his amputated fingers open on the strings. Thank God he didn’t give up. I long to play half as good as he. For those that are shallow and think that it is all about them and that their way is the only way… get over it. You remind me of a bunch of wanna-bee biker types that I run into periodically, easily recognizable by the nice, new leathers and low mileage odometers. My goal was for “anyone” to not judge all imports by just one “bad” import. Heck, even America turns out “bad” products every now and then. One of my goals for joining this forum was to learn more about Jackson guitars. What I read was a lot of bashing, and when I stood up to defend a well made guitar… I got bashed as well. If you play guitar, are learning to play the guitar, and like the guitar you are playing (brand or country of origin not to matter)… GREAT. If you want to sit around and pick apart someone’s posting and choices, and even their verbiage, I guess you will have a great time with me in my earlier postings and will have a great time with this posting as well.

Oldironhead
                  This seems to be a recurring theme with Junior Members, but I am staying out of all this. Are you using a different type face? Put it back to normal, thats another way to fly under the radar. And we all know the Iommi Story.
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Oldironhead

Are you an idiot? This section of the forum is called "Import Jackson Guitars". The people posting in it generally OWN and love Jackson Import Guitars. I don't think there's any great need for you to "defend" Jackson Import Guitars.

And your comment about handicapped people was clearly NOT anything to do with Tony Iommi so don't backtrack now.

Comment

Someone isn't gonna be around here for long.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Sorry, still here. Last I checked I wasn’t an idiot… but we can wait for the jury to come back if you like. Anyway, yes I would think that those who liked imported Jackson’s would be posting here. Be that as it may, there are a few posts in this forum that are not import friendly. My response to that… whatever. Make a good guitar, regardless of brand or country of origin… and I’ll give it a try. The type of font I’m using is the default font supplied on JCF Online. Is there a reason why user’s place another user’s posting as a quote when replying to the user? For me, it makes an extremely long thread when this is done. So, I’m curious why? Thanks

Comment

So we don't get confused on who we are answering.

Comment

Yeah, alot of us Jcf-ers get confused. I have trouble putting my shoes on the correct feet. (Obvisouly a joke)

Comment

ok so i havent played one yet but for the record i'm very import friendly. hell i'm part japanese maybe i'm biased to japanese import jacksons than indonesia, but theres guys puttin in good words on this model too.

i didnt quote your post for ya i'll just assume you know who i'm talkin to.

Comment

Sorry, still here. Last I checked I wasn’t an idiot… but we can wait for the jury to come back if you like. Anyway, yes I would think that those who liked imported Jackson’s would be posting here. Be that as it may, there are a few posts in this forum that are not import friendly. My response to that… whatever. Make a good guitar, regardless of brand or country of origin… and I’ll give it a try. The type of font I’m using is the default font supplied on JCF Online. Is there a reason why user’s place another user’s posting as a quote when replying to the user? For me, it makes an extremely long thread when this is done. So, I’m curious why? Thanks

Wow, you're really fucking annoying.
                                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                                X