question about "possible" DXMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about "possible" DXMG

Hi, I am new here and new to Jackson in general. I have the possibility of picking up what this fellow calls a DXMG, black in color, shark tooth inlays and reverse headstock. Now here is the tricky part, he claims it is a 90's model and was MIJ. From what I gathered on here browsing as a guest is that the DXMG didn't come out until 2001. He sent me some pictures and it looks great but from what I can tell there are no markings on the headstock except "Jackson". I tried to see if it had pro series or professional on there but didn't see it. the pics are not close up though. Sounds to me that maybe he is just off with his dates. He said that it has the EMG HZ in the neck and he had the bridge changed to a SD Dimebag (this was verified in the pics). I just want to make sure that if it is a DXMG that it is the MIJ and not India. What would be the likelyhood of it having HZ's, being black and being made in India?

thanks, and i mut say this site is awesome!!!!

hotrod

If the EMG-HZ in the neck are original then it's MIJ. Does it look like this?

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I bought a used DXMG a few months back that was in practically new condition. No fret wear, no dings, perfect black. It was a great guitar, but I have too many so I took it back.

I don't know the history of what was made where, but I think newer ones are MIJ and older ones were made elsewhere.

Mine was MIJ (had a sticker) and had EMG-HZs.

Without a case, I paid $240 at GC + tax.

Comment

I believe all the EMG equiped import madel where MIJ. SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong. They where the better import line till they started doing duncans in em too not duncan designs.
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think you can tell by the trem. The mij ones have the usual jackson lo pro trem with the little allen screws on top. I forget the model. The MII ones have a floyd copy that has the long bolts out the back and is not lo pro. I had a black one with the non lo pro trem. It had HZs but was MII or so I was told. The one pictured in the 2001 catalog clearly has the trem with the long bolts out the back, while other models on the page clearly have the lo pro model.

Comment

DXMG was initially Indian (2001 era) but after 2002, they were MIJ and will carry a 96xxxxx or 97xxxxx ser #.

Get the ser #
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Mine is 2003, MIJ & had the EMG HZ's & a Jackson Low profile tremolo.... That is until I tore it apart!!
              The Guitars...
              2008 BC Rich Gunslinger Retro
              2003 Jackson DXMG [Modified with Duncan Jazz & Screamin' Demon & OFR]

'The wild boys go head to head... Like the good book says be quick or dead'...- David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...
              X