Any clues with this S/N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clues with this S/N?

I've got a line on what appears to be a Rhoads Pro. Supposedly, it has an ebony board and OFR and neck binding. The seller tells me the S/N is 9725145. Could this be a Rhoads Pro from the early 90's? Or are these "specs" a load of crap?

Nope...

That number syntax is not a Rhoads Pro [or any 1990-95 Pro] number. My 1990 ex-Soloist Pro was J001337, where the first "0" is the year [199"0"]. This was similar for all the neck thru Pro Series guitars, again 1990-95. And the Pro Series came with Schaller Floyds, not OFR's. Hope this helps.

Mark
    "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I've got a line on what appears to be a Rhoads Pro. Supposedly, it has an ebony board and OFR and neck binding. The seller tells me the S/N is 9725145.
      That ser# is for a bolt on Made in Japan from approx 2005.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        That ser# is for a bolt on Made in Japan from approx 2005.
        Thanks, yeah I do believe the jackass seller just copied and pasted the USA RR1 specs into his listing.

Comment

I'd hafta see pics, but offhand I'd say he doesn't know what he's got. It is possible he replaced the neck with a 22 fret USA neck that has an ebony board and binding, and put on an OFR, but it's improbable.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X