Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a project guitar, quick question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a project guitar, quick question.

Hey all im new around here so first i would like to say hi. Im starting a guitar project and have a quick question. I have picked up a jackson ps4 performer body and have found a couple of cheap necks to buy. The only problem is they are 22 fret necks and i know that the ps4 originally had 24 fret necks. Will the 22 fret neck fit or will there be a gap at the heal. I would take one off of my other jacksons but i dont really want to destring a guitar to find out. Any help is greatly appreciated and i cant wait to know everyone around here. Thanks.

Always keep bodies routed/drilled for 24 fret necks matched up to 24 fret necks...your intonation will be way off if you try to use a 21/22 fret one...and yes - while it IS possible to cut/shim your way into making this work, trust me - just find a 24 fret neck, or sell the body and focus on a 21/22 fret project...the hassle is NOT worth it!
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

sweet thanks alot man that is exactly what i was wondering.

Comment

well ive got one more question for your guys if you dont mind answering. Ive found a jt 580 floyd rose for real cheap. Will this fit the ps4 body, because from what i understand they originally came with the jt 500 model. Thanks.

Comment

No not very good!
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
          X