x-series Kelly???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x-series Kelly???

I'm possibly interested in picking up a used kelly from craigslist but I can't nail down what model it is. It's a quilted blueburst, HH confif, normal (not reverse) bolt on, rosewood neck with reverse sharkfins (no binding). I was thinking it was a KE3 but the reverse sharkfins reminds me of an X-series but I don't remember any x-series kelly's. Waiting to hear what pups are. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

The 2000/2001 KE3 had reverse sharkies without binding.

-Rick

Comment

does it look like the one jayster is selling in the classifieds

Comment

Yes!! Looks like the 2000/2001 KE3 (and jay's) but with blueburst quilt and all black hardware. And now knowing that, This guy's out of his mind at $550 with HSC. I don't know what model he thinks he has but he says it's $1600 new

Maybe I'll offer him $300. I have another 81/85 set looking for a home.
        Thanks...

Comment

what condition is the body in?

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
            Yes!! Looks like the 2000/2001 KE3 (and jay's) but with blueburst quilt and all black hardware. And now knowing that, This guy's out of his mind at $550 with HSC. I don't know what model he thinks he has but he says it's $1600 new

Maybe I'll offer him $300. I have another 81/85 set looking for a home.
            Thanks...
            No, it wasn't $1,600 new, MSRP for a trans finish KE3 back in 2001 was a little over $1k.
            Street price was roughly $600 - $700 WITHOUT the case.

$550 with a HSC is not bad at all if it's in good condition.
            The KE3 is a nice guitar.

I wouldn't even return your email/phone call if you offered $300 for it.

They still pull in $400 to $500 on eBay without a case.
            The case alone is worth $100.
            -Rick

Comment

yup. besides. when you wanna sell somethin you'd like to get what you feel its worth right? so keep that in mind when lowballin people. karmas a biatch.
              dont get me wrong i'm always down for a good deal, but both parties should leave the table happy.

edit- sorry, not tryin to be an ass.
              Last edited by jdr94; 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Don't know what kind of condition it's in, he never e-mailed me back when I asked about it initially so I'm not pursuing it now. But just for future sake...

I love Jacksons and know how amazing they play... and have paid well and been screwed in the past for some. But re-sale prices seem to be real low right now with the economy and all. I certainly am not looking to screw someone... and also not looking to be screwed either. Is there a big difference in KE3 "sub-models"? I been keeping an eye on ebay and see plenty going alot cheaper than that. Just watched a clean looking crimson swirl pro with hsc go for $315 shipped. And there's a black one not as clean but looks like a duncan invader with case at $199 with no bids. Plus... I got a smoking deal on my trans black DKMG 81/85 with hsc for $250 2 years ago before prices seemed to drop. So I guess I really don't see why karma'd be bad for offering $300 as a starting point.. From what I've seen, $550 seems pretty steep. I know things like quilt are more to buy but outside of that, it looks like a basic KE3. Don't even know what the pups are. What exactly am I missing in the pricing??

BTW - this is the one I was looking at. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1099003665.html
                Last edited by warlok; 04-03-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  Don't know what kind of condition it's in, he never e-mailed me back when I asked about it initially so I'm not pursuing it now. But just for future sake...

I love Jacksons and know how amazing they play... and have paid well and been screwed in the past for some. But re-sale prices seem to be real low right now with the economy and all. I certainly am not looking to screw someone... and also not looking to be screwed either. Is there a big difference in KE3 "sub-models"? I been keeping an eye on ebay and see plenty going alot cheaper than that. Just watched a clean looking crimson swirl pro with hsc go for $315 shipped. And there's a black one not as clean but looks like a duncan invader with case at $199 with no bids. Plus... I got a smoking deal on my trans black DKMG 81/85 with hsc for $250 2 years ago before prices seemed to drop. So I guess I really don't see why karma'd be bad for offering $300 as a starting point.. From what I've seen, $550 seems pretty steep. I know things like quilt are more to buy but outside of that, it looks like a basic KE3. Don't even know what the pups are. What exactly am I missing in the pricing??

BTW - this is the one I was looking at. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msg/1099003665.html
                  i really have no room to talk. i just paid jayster $350 for his w/coffin case plus shipping. i was just messin with ya a bit, but i do think that it would be best to ask what the best he can do is, instead of offer hundreds less. you did get a deal on that dkmg. hey if you can make it happen. make it happen

Comment

I got a great deal on the DKMG. It was basically brand new with TKL case. Little setup and plays like butter!! I've always wanted a Kelly and now a buddy has a flame red KE3. Got me thinking about one now. That crimson swirl would have been perfect but forgot about it and didn't bid... oops..

On the blue one, I haven't offered anything or even been in contact with him. E-mailed about specifics and no reply. We'll see but I'm not waiting for it. If I see one, I'll jump on it. Hopefully I'll be posting pics of a new axe soon!!

Comment

I have one of those KE3s (same reverse sharkies and stuff) and I only paid £140 for it, including hard case. I couldn't believe I got it so cheap.
                      It's a nice guitar!
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Aha!!!

Just figured out what it is! Searching old posts about models, etc.. It says professional on the headstock which I just saw stopped on 1998. Looked back at the scans and it is definitely a 1996 or 97!! And.. looking at another one for less than 1/2 the price of that ad..

Comment

Working...
                        X