Got me a Stone Dinky rev pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBDkaTana View Post
    84sups....Dude...you need to clean your shoes!!
    LOL thats not a stone finish! or maple fretboard either
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

As did I!

Should be a beauty after a bath and a setup!

Comment

I had the neck from one of those a few years ago and didn't like it. Felt wider than it shoulda been. Only other neck I've met that felt identical was a real ESP Lynch Kamikaze a guy around here has (bought a Jackson neck from him).

It felt like the Es were 1/4" away from the edge of the board, but otherwise regular-spaced across the board. I measured it at the nut and I think it was actually 1 3/4" wide, maybe halfway between 1 11/16" and 1 3/4".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1 neck to wide IMO ,and if you like charvels ,it really feels wide. dinky std pro felt alot better to me,shit a ps-4 really feels good.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The jury is still out on the neck width, at least for me. When I bought it the setup was so horrible and the guitar so dirty that I had to tear it apart and clean it. It's still in pieces as the posts and pivot points on the JT580 were so chewed up that I'm not even going to attempt to set it up. Waiting on the dough for a new trem and tuners at the moment. Will probably sell off the trem for parts, and scrap the base. I love the weight though. Light as a feather!

Comment

Yeah it is light as a feather. The jt580 trem doesn't belong on it. The original schaller made trem rocks. I have 3 of em on guitars and love. Incidentally an OFR will fit on these. The back route is way long for the schaller style.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

I took some measurements from the OFR in my Kramer and compared them to the trem cavity on the Dinky, and it looked like it would fit, albeit very snugly. It's good to know for certain that it's a drop in. Thanks for the info.

Comment

No problem, almost all of my guitars have OFR's or Schaller's on em. I hear the Floyd Rose special isn't too bad and can be bought for a little more than a JT580LP from Ebay. I keep contemplating the worn nickel one they have.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by RoteGitarre View Post
                    The jury is still out on the neck width, at least for me. When I bought it the setup was so horrible and the guitar so dirty that I had to tear it apart and clean it. It's still in pieces as the posts and pivot points on the JT580 were so chewed up that I'm not even going to attempt to set it up. Waiting on the dough for a new trem and tuners at the moment. Will probably sell off the trem for parts, and scrap the base. I love the weight though. Light as a feather!

mine,now jdr94 had a schaller
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                    X