Jackson Soloist Archtop Trem 1992

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Archtop Trem 1992

Hi all i have a 1991/1992 Jackson soloist professional archtop trem(japanese) in transparent amber, i have owned it since new, i changed the active pickups for a dimarzio super distortion bridge and paf pro neck.It is in perfect condition, and has recently had all frets refinished and trem set up, how much do you think one of these is worth??

cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by mattanna; 05-09-2009, 04:30 AM.

I don't know the answer, but I'm certain it's very much dependant on condition. Post some pics including the worst bits (there's no point kidding yourself) and I'm sure the lads "in the know" will reposnd. You'll probably get some offers as well!

Comment

I sold mine on eBay about a month ago for $949. This was a BIN sale and I think I started the bidding at $650. Sold at the BIN in 1 day! Honestly, I thought I set the BIN pretty high and didn't really think I'd get that price. I guess it takes the right buyer at the right time. I was pretty stoked I got that price. Mine was in great shape but not mint. There was a small chip in the headstock (in the back so you couldn't see it from the front) and some minor buckle rash (mostly on the trem cover, not the finish). Hope this helps.

Comment

$500 score for the buyer
        $800 score for the seller
        ~$650 prob about avg

They don't appear enough to maintain a consistent assesment.
        Some occasionally happen to sell well above the avg, which is just good timing IMO.
        In the end, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it of course

I would shoot for $650 and any bids on top are just gravy.

Comment

well it sold on ebay for $1251 and i thought that was cheap, great guitar but i now have a prs custom 24 so there is no competition, still my Jackson was better than any of the usa sl2h's i have had by a long way, and now that they are owned by Fender, well say no more, she was a good friend but now is gone, also when trying to do a sensible gig the pointed head stock did not cut it, but nevertheless it is a fine instrument, PRS is awesome though and can do everything

Comment

Cool that you got someone to cough up that kind of bread for your guitar, but why bag on Fender?
            They have improved a few things with the Jackson/Charvel line IMO.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mattanna View Post
              also when trying to do a sensible gig the pointed head stock did not cut it
              Huh?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Huh?

Yah... huh?:think:
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                  Yah... huh?:think:
                  I guess pointy is not cool anymore. The gumby prs headstock is the new mark of excellence.

Comment

also when trying to do a sensible gig the pointed head stock did not cut it,
                    I guess being a good musician doesn't count for anything?
                    but nevertheless it is a fine instrument, PRS is awesome though and can do everything
                    Keep telling yourself that. Hopefully you won't regret selling it too badly.

Comment

i love Jackson, obviously have had one for the last 17 years, i am also a big metal fan, but the pointy headstock is not the look for non metal, i.e blues, that is all i was saying, the prs does metal sound better than the Jackson though and is an all rounder, i feel with The soloist you really have to use it for rock metal or it looks a bit spinal tap

Comment

i love Jackson, obviously have had one for the last 17 years, i am also a big metal fan, but the pointy headstock is not the look for non metal, i.e blues, that is all i was saying, the prs does metal sound better than the Jackson though and is an all rounder, i feel with The soloist you really have to use it for rock metal or it looks a bit spinal tap

You should play the guitar you like, regardless of how it looks.

The shape of a guitar really doesn't any difference. Pointy headstock or not...

It's probably harder to have jackson headstock an a normal nut (for tuning sake). But I've never had a problem. My KV1 has literally had the crap played out of it and it stays in tune just fine,, and I love to bend..

If I was playing blues, I'd use a pointy, Metal pointy, Rock pointy, basically for everything I'd use a pointy V.

Comment

no one has ever said anything to me about the pointy headstocks on my Jacksons & Charvels at a show. We're playing covers, occasionally verging on hard rock, but mostly classic rock & pop
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                            You should play the guitar you like, regardless of how it looks.

The shape of a guitar really doesn't any difference. Pointy headstock or not...

It's probably harder to have jackson headstock an a normal nut (for tuning sake). But I've never had a problem. My KV1 has literally had the crap played out of it and it stays in tune just fine,, and I love to bend..

If I was playing blues, I'd use a pointy, Metal pointy, Rock pointy, basically for everything I'd use a pointy V.
                            That is why i sold the Jackson and kept thE prs, I guess if i did not need to make some cash i would have kept it, but like all locking trem guitars the problem was if needing to drop tuning for slide, or whatever the tremelo does not like it, or change string guages etc, i do not want to have to change guitars all the time.Also if none of you have tried a USA PRS you should, out of the jacksons, Malmsteen fenders, heritage, ibanez pgm,rg550 etc i have had nothing comes close, thanks for all your help re the soloist
                            Last edited by mattanna; 05-09-2009, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X