Non-basswood Jackson/Charvel Fusions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-basswood Jackson/Charvel Fusions?

I'm having a hard time finding info on the non-basswood Jackson Fusions. I know there's a Mahogany HH model and I've also seen some ash ones that are a transparent yellow color. Are there any other models? What are the differences between the Jackson and Charvel versions? How much do these usually go for? Who wants to sell there's to me (I offer good money)?

Anyone?

Comment

The Fusion Pro, XL, Standard (STD), EX, LT, SX, SP were all Basswood.
      Only the HH had a Mahogany option.
      Never heard of an import Fusion with an Ash body.
      A USA model perhaps.
      Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-27-2009, 05:43 PM.
      -Rick

Comment

I found this while searching through the archives:

It's not a stealth, so?

Comment

Ahhh... that was VitaminG's old guitar.
          That was a 1992 Fusion Plus. Only year the model was made IIRC.
          And yes, it is Ash. The catalog was wrong (as usual) and had the body listed as Mahogany.
          -Rick

Comment

The Charvel Fusion Plus is H/H and has a Ash body . It only comes in a transparent finish , Amber , White ,Violet , Red and Tobacco sunburst . It also comes with a better trem than the Jackson version , a true German made Schaller . It looks identical to the picture you posted minus the Jackson logo . It also has a very thin neck . Much like a USA Fusion very different from my Fusion Deluxe .

The only other choice for short scale is the 750XL trans finish which were mahogany , the solid finish are maple/basswood . The Archtop soloist pro mahogany and the early Warrior Pro which I believe is popular .
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

That's still mine. I really need to take a decent pic of her. She's a sweet old girl

This is the best shot I have of it:

Rick, I believe the catalogue correctly noted the trans finish Pluses as swamp ash. The Fusion HH was mahogany, as you stated.

Doc Dryer picked up an AWESOME trans white Charvel Fusion Plus a few years back. He sent me some highly arousing pics of it when it arrived. :drool: That thing was minty fresh & just about the sexiest import I've laid eyes on.
              Last edited by VitaminG; 04-27-2009, 10:30 PM.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm assuming these HH fusions (ash and mahogany) are rarer than hens teeth? What about the Charvel's? My GAS is killing me

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                That's still mine. I really need to take a decent pic of her. She's a sweet old girl

This is the best shot I have of it:

Rick, I believe the catalogue correctly noted the trans finish Pluses as swamp ash. The Fusion HH was mahogany, as you stated.

Doc Dryer picked up an AWESOME trans white Charvel Fusion Plus a few years back. He sent me some highly arousing pics of it when it arrived. :drool: That thing was minty fresh & just about the sexiest import I've laid eyes on.
                How much?

Comment

Yes, the Fusion HH in transparent finishes is mahogany. I have one, bought it brand new back in '93 or '94.

Good luck finding one... I'd buy another if I could, since Jackson doesn't make anything even remotely close to it (guess a PC-1 in Red Rum would be about as close as it gets?)

Comment

Originally posted by wannabguitarist View Post
                    I'm assuming these HH fusions (ash and mahogany) are rarer than hens teeth? What about the Charvel's? My GAS is killing me

How much?
                    Can't tell the finish (probably solid by the looks) but there is a Fusion HH on the bay just now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Fusion-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by RunDMC View Post
                      Can't tell the finish (probably solid by the looks) but there is a Fusion HH on the bay just now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Fusion-H...QQcmdZViewItem
                      That one is basswood. If I'm going to fork over the extra cash for an HH it's going to be something other than basswood. I might just cave in and buy a HSS version eventually.

Comment

There is an awesome Fusion Plus on Ebay right now if anyone is interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

I love how one of these finally pops up after 6 months of looking and I can't afford it

Comment

Working...
                        X