GC had the DK2M too cheap, had to grab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC had the DK2M too cheap, had to grab

I bought one of these in blue when they first came out, I liked it very much and sold it here on the board when I went back to work and could buy a USA. I was at GC yesterday and they had a red and a black one for 399, the red one played awesome and had some figure to the fretboard so I snagged it. My only gripe is the wrong saddles on the Floyd, the g string had an E saddle on it and it was WAY too low. I called GC and they are ordering the part, I shimmed it for now, works fine. I also added strat knobs for hand room. Pics suck, looks darker in person.

Last edited by jcm800x; 04-26-2009, 04:13 PM.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Nice score!

Comment

hey i bought your blue one. neck was too fat so sold it. got 2 more that the necks are perfect. musiciansfriend has the white ones for 399 tax free .almost snagged 1 but i dont really need 3 . do I? looking for a USA right now. great guitars I gig with one all the time. better then my gibson les paul studio . go figure

Comment

Yeah, I remember in an old thread when I said my blue one had a beefy neck and it seemed out of the norm, that blue one had a good tone though.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Hey man I live in Ireland and was in that GC last week playing that exact same guitar

Comment

Wow, small world

Comment

that was you?

Comment

MF is selling the white 2008 models for 399 too. 2009 models go up to 799 so get em cheap while you can.

Comment

I ordered one, hard to pass up for $399. I have been wanting a white one for a while but they usually only put the red and black ones on sale until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    MF is selling the white 2008 models for 399 too. 2009 models go up to 799 so get em cheap while you can.
                    I saw that at GC and on MF as well. I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head but If my local GC still has the red one afetr I get my car fixed (assuming it doesn't cost me a small fortune) I may have to snag it.

So um... what's the diff between the 2008 and 2009 m odels anyway?:think:
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

So um... what's the diff between the 2008 and 2009 m odels anyway?:think:
                      A hardshell case along with fenders huge price increase is all I can see.

Comment

A hardshell case along with fenders huge price increase is all I can see.

That's what I thought. I can pick up a hardshell case at my local Sam Ash for 100 bucks..
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

MF is selling the white 2008 models for 399 too.
                          So is Music123. http://www.music123.com/Jackson-DK2M...67493.Music123

Then again, MF, GC and Music123 are all the same company.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

and the same warehouse.

Comment

Didn't the DK2M get upgraded hardware fairly recently? I was under the impression that the Pro series comes with OFRs, but neither MF or Jackson's site make mention of it.

Edit: Found the search button and my answer
                              Last edited by Gank; 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM.
                              Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Working...
                              X