What's the same as Kelly XL neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the same as Kelly XL neck?

This may be a tough one to answer but since I got this 1994 Kelly XL, I realized what the perfect neck for me is... and I want more!! I've wanted to build a franken-something for a while and it will definitely be based off a neck the same as this XL. Short of finding another Kelly XL one, anyone know what else has the same super thin neck as this?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

The DK2s even today have the same dimensions. If you want MOP you will have to find one before 96(95 is supposedly the end but my 96 has MOP). I just sold my 93 for around $200 so be prepared to pay top dollar for the old ones.

Comment

Are you sure that the DK2 has the thin neck of a Kelly XL, Rich? I've played a bunch of Jacksons over the years and the neck on my Kelly Std is the thinnest by far. It's almost Ibanez thin.
      Scott

Comment

The XL neck is super thin? I had an XLR, and it was on the thin side, but certainly not super thin. There are plenty of other thinner Jackson necks out there.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Are you sure that the DK2 has the thin neck of a Kelly XL, Rich? I've played a bunch of Jacksons over the years and the neck on my Kelly Std is the thinnest by far. It's almost Ibanez thin.
          they are .810 at the 12th fret same as my SD charvel and the wizard 2 necks.

Comment

Just measured my XL at the 12th fret and got .760". There's one on ebay for $265+shipping but I'm looking to try for a bit cheaper. But man, I do want the MOP..

And for comparison sake, measured my DKMG and it's .855". Definitely feels like a BIG difference.
            Last edited by warlok; 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
            X