What Jackson Professional is this... I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Jackson Professional is this... I'm confused

I've found some catalogues, but none of it seems to match, inlays, HH and Floyd don't match any description of a Jackson Professional.

http://users.telenet.be/Defees/IMG_0553.JPG (headstock pic, a bit too big for the forum)

Looking for "any" Charvel from 1989 (birthyear)! contact me !

I'm guessing a Fusion of sorts because of the 24 fret neck. Looks like a J95 in the bridge.

Measure the length from the nut to the 12th fret and multiply by 2, then post it back here.

Comment

Fusion or Dinky Standard?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I'm guessing a Fusion of sorts because of the 24 fret neck. Looks like a J95 in the bridge.
        The Jackson blade pickup was a J-85, but didn't they have the Jackson logo in the right, bottom corner? That pickup looks like a DiMarzio X2N, unless not all the J-85s had logos.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe a Fusion SX with the middle single coil route covered and an added tone knob?

Comment

the one in my Fusion SS doesn't have a logo
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Okay. Guess some didn't have the logo then.
              Maybe it's a Fusion SS with a swapped neck?

Comment

the neck is right for an SS but the body's not

I reckon that you and Rick (in the other thread) are right, that it's an SX with a filled single coil rout. The rest of the finish looks random & "Kulicked" but between the humbuckers you can see a clear outline of the old rout
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  the neck is right for an SS but the body's not

I reckon that you and Rick (in the other thread) are right, that it's an SX with a filled single coil rout. The rest of the finish looks random & "Kulicked" but between the humbuckers you can see a clear outline of the old rout
                  Now you mention it, I can see the single coil rout. Then it's not difficult to Identify. Can the Single Coil rout be "opened" again easily?

So it's a modded SX, what's the price value of it (modded/non modded)
                  Looking for "any" Charvel from 1989 (birthyear)! contact me !

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Fusion or Dinky Standard?

Dinky std has colored inlays and head stocks,or no inlays and colored headstocks. red or blue.
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Defees View Post
                      Now you mention it, I can see the single coil rout. Then it's not difficult to Identify. Can the Single Coil rout be "opened" again easily?

So it's a modded SX, what's the price value of it (modded/non modded)
                      You can easily open up the route again with a router.
                      As for value, highly subjective at this point given the guitars' current condition.
                      I would say somewhere in the $200 to $300 range at best.
                      It looks like it has good "bones", but it's going to take a lot of work and $$$ to get it back to how it was.
                      -Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X