Help me choose guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose guys!

hey I just got a kv-2 about a month ago and i'm so thrilled about jacksons now that i'm selling 3 of my guitars to get another one.I was thinking about another kv-2 but I don't think i'll have the money necessary even after selling the 3 oldies...I figured out that the pro series may be interesting, I'm now a v shape guy ,prefers emg but loves seymour duncans too,going for a neck thru for sure and I like the way the floyd rose are mounted on jacksons wich I may be the only one feeling it but its different than other brands like dean or esp...anyway...I like the rr24 in black/red bevels, the demmelition v in white or red and the white matt tuck randy rhoads. for the looks i'd be going for a matt tuck all the way even if I hate the guy but i wonder if ill feel it the same way as my kv-2 wich is floyd rose mounted...any other suggestions would be nice guys!
    I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Why not a RR24M?
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by metalvince333 View Post
      hey I just got a kv-2 about a month ago and i'm so thrilled about jacksons now that i'm selling 3 of my guitars to get another one.I was thinking about another kv-2 but I don't think i'll have the money necessary even after selling the 3 oldies...I figured out that the pro series may be interesting, I'm now a v shape guy ,prefers emg but loves seymour duncans too,going for a neck thru for sure and I like the way the floyd rose are mounted on jacksons wich I may be the only one feeling it but its different than other brands like dean or esp...anyway...I like the rr24 in black/red bevels, the demmelition v in white or red and the white matt tuck randy rhoads. for the looks i'd be going for a matt tuck all the way even if I hate the guy but i wonder if ill feel it the same way as my kv-2 wich is floyd rose mounted...any other suggestions would be nice guys!

I'd buy a used Jackson USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
        +2
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

sorry messed up my comment, answer is lower.
          Last edited by metalvince333; 05-02-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            yeah thats what ive done with the kv-2 but its hard to find a used
            kv-2 in Quebec... theres a whole lot of soloists and few rr-1 but yeah ill keep my eyes open for that.. but in case I dont get my hands on another usa soon do you think that these other models I mentioned can feel about the same or even close?
            Why not a RR24M?
            actually I think its way too much extra money for just a maple neck/fretboard so even if it does look good I'm not too thrilled about that one..maybe someday

Comment

I know lots of people dis on them, but I recently acquired an Ibanez VBT700, which is mahogany body/Neck thru and although it doesn't play quite as nicely as my KV2, it still plays very, very well. At least as well as my lower end jacksons. The best part is that they don't cost anywhere near as much as a used USA Jackson.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-VBT700-V-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited by Musician78; 05-02-2009, 08:01 PM.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Which should tell you something about the Ibenhad.....

The only import KV you're likely to find will be the KVX10, but it's not neckthrough. No playability/access issues with it though, as many would have you believe.

However, if you're stuck on Vs, I'd say go for the Demmel V or an older (1990-94) neckthrough Rhoads Pro, or maybe an RR5FR.

At the current prices, unless you run across a crackhead deal, a Mustaine import King V will run you almost as much as a new KV-2, and the KV-4 doesn't come up enough to warrant a mention.
                So it looks like your neckthrough V options are:
                New KV-2
                RR5FR
                Demmelition
                RR24M
                TuckRR
                BondRR
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I really like my Kevin Bond Rhoads. Mahogany body, Rhoads V shape, hot pickup, neck thru import.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    It did. It told me that for the price I paid, I got a hell of a guitar.
                    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Jackson still makes the regular RR24, right? The one with ebony? I hate maple fretboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

The only import KV you're likely to find will be the KVX10, but it's not neckthrough. No playability/access issues with it though, as many would have you believe.

However, if you're stuck on Vs, I'd say go for the Demmel V or an older (1990-94) neckthrough Rhoads Pro, or maybe an RR5FR.

At the current prices, unless you run across a crackhead deal, a Mustaine import King V will run you almost as much as a new KV-2, and the KV-4 doesn't come up enough to warrant a mention.
                        So it looks like your neckthrough V options are:
                        New KV-2
                        RR5FR
                        Demmelition
                        RR24M
                        TuckRR
                        BondRR
                        Actually, the guy that sold me the kv-2 wich I paid only 1200$ Is selling his bond mounted with a duncan distortion for 600$, im just scared of this weird ass alien bridge that ive never put my hands on so... yeah if you guys approve I can maybe go try it out...may have a chance on a emg mounted rr-1 but for 1000$ but ill have to email the guy again.just like that, how could I pay for a mustaine and what is the kv-4? is it the pro series?

Comment

Working...
                        X