RR4 replacement bridge & other info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR4 replacement bridge & other info

I'm currently reworking a Jackson RR4 a friend of me found in the trash (yes, really). I can't seem to find a lot of info on it online, so I'd like to know a bit more about it.
    One thing in particular is the following: I want to put in a higher end Floyd Rose (licensed?) bridge. Currently it holds a Takeuchi made TRS-101 (please confirm). Replacement candidates are the usual suspects: Schaller, Gotoh and an Original Floyd Rose. These don't have the exact same measurements, but the differences are very small and thus it's difficult to decide which one would fit the RR4 without additional routing. If anyone here has any info on the bridge or RR4, please share. Thanks in advance!

It should have Jackson's JT580 trem (not the low-profile version). Not all the trems Jackson used were made by Takeuchi (it should say Takeuchi somewhere on it if it is), but they're decent either way. An OFR should fit no problem.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=7
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It says Takeuchi on the tone block and jackson on the base plate.
      After sanding it down, it seems that the body is made out of 4 pieces of wood sandwiched between two pieces of wood, respectively on the front and back of the body.

EDIT: incidentally, is there any way to date it by the serial number or something like that?
      Last edited by Wizzurd; 05-08-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzurd View Post
        EDIT: incidentally, is there any way to date it by the serial number or something like that?

Mmmmmmmmaybe! What is the # ?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The number on the neckplate is 702608

Comment

Ummmmm, let's go with 1997
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X