Need Help identifying this Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help identifying this Jackson

I acquired this older Jackson Dinky a couple of weeks ago off CraigsList. I have not been able to find an exact match in any old catalog or searching the net. Specifically, the spacing between the knobs and switch placement. There are no markings on the neck or neck plate. (Check out the Floyd Rose also)

Here's the pics so far:

At first I thought the neck had been changed but then I found this on google images: http://www.poweralley.com/Used/Jacks...nky%20Blue.JPG

Almost an exact match except for the knobs...then I found this on Ebay:

This body is an exact match to mine so there is more than one out there...
    The wiring in mine is shot so that's my project for the weekend. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated...

Aturach

I had one of those bodies. It's a late '90s Dinky Reverse made exclusive for Musician's Friend. Welcome to the forum.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks toejam, no wonder it didn't show up in any of the catalogs...

Great to be here...

Aturach

Comment

What's the ser # ?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

RacerX, There's no serial number anywhere...The neck plate is flat black, with no markings at all. There is a decal on the back of the head with a number beginning 6500xxxx. I have seen this before on some of the pictures on Ebay of older Japanese Dinky's. Another point of interest (for me anyway) was the Floyd Rose. No other logos other than the patent logo. Only one side of the mount plate is notched. Strange little emblem (logo ?) stamped into the weight block. There is an ink stamped "D" in the neck cavity and a smeared number which is unreadable. This "D" can also be seen on the body for sale on the Ebay link I posted. I think toejam is right. This was probably a limited run of Dinkys made for Musicians Friend that could be sold cheaply. Why they chose not to put a serial number or even a made in Japan logo on these I have no idea. Thanks for your interest...

Aturach

Comment

The trem was made by Gotoh. Didn't know Jackson ever used those.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

I believe you are correct sir...after looking at F.R. licensed Gotoh's, they do have that style of mounting plate. The same seller on Ebay that has the matching body also has this listed:

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it came off the same body. Thanks...
              Aturach

Comment

That Floyd actually has a Ping logo on the block, so I'd think it's some kind of Ping Floyd and not Gotoh, unless someone changed the block.

Comment

is there any way my firebird could have been some exclusive line then? such as a lower level crosby model, and yes for all those in my other thread, i AM the owner in fact me and my friend are making a video of it today showing me with a copy of my conversation to prove i am jacksonguy666, all this was directed at a mr. amimbari
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    is there any way my firebird could have been some exclusive line then? such as a lower level crosby model, and yes for all those in my other thread, i AM the owner in fact me and my friend are making a video of it today showing me with a copy of my conversation to prove i am jacksonguy666, all this was directed at a mr. amimbari
                    No. Again, it's not a Jackson body.

Comment

hey jacksonguy666, listen, you need to stop putting my name anywhere in any of your posts, this bullshit needs to stop..I DONT give a fuck what you do or do not own. I never did up to the point when you started bragging about all your stuff that is not yours. your inconsistency in threads to your "I own this and I own that" crap is hilarious BUT. I DONT FUCKING CARE, and noone else here does..

These people here are tired of this shit..be a normal human being, get involved with the chats, tell these people whatever you want to believe, BUT LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR posts.

This is MY last PUBLIC post on this matter.

The huge stories in all your posts continuously contradicting yourself and what you supposedly own I do think it is funny, and I have more than enough emails/messages/posts/YOUR pictures you sent me, and facebook/youtube/myspace/talkbass posts with dates compiled to show anyone you are Caleb Swartz, the 16year old fat kid from youtube/myspace/facebook/talkbass.

just to quote one of YOUR inconsistencies from the "thief selling Jackson Deco" thread that is now closed due to this crap:

"i read page 1 and 2 and seems weve gotten off topic, but thats exactly what happened with my fb
                      the guy cashed the check, and held it, and we even talked to the police and they said there was not plausible evidence which is complete horseshit by the way, and then one day out of nowhere it just arrives! and i payed with a money order by the way"

first it's a check the guy held and cashed, then all of a sudden it turns into a money order?--- BRILLIANT!

anyone who wants to see what started this whole mess, just go read ALL THE WAY thru the "help" thread, now closed due to his crap.

one story leads into another, into another, into another.

I enjoy a good fight when I know I'm right, but not when it is affecting all these other people. you wanna fight? I'll harass you all day, just email me dude cause I won't allow my reputation here to be tarnished anymore by this bullshit.

[email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
                      X