Which Jackson is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Jackson is this?

Well I got this lil Jackson in a trade deal on CL. About $25 my cost in trade dollars so pretty sweet, even though it's just a little beater. Cool thing is I have never owned any strat guitars (by that I mean a guitar with 3 single coils, I have superstrat syles, and I also just got a washburn shadow on this deal which is fat strat style).

Well this one is kind of cool because it has some duncan designed rails in it. It's actually kind of cool. Speaking of cool, I wonder if these are the cool rails copys or hot rails copy?

The volume pot is toast, it just keeps turning when you turn it, it does not stop. I need to redo the wiring.

Anyway, what the heck is this little guitar? Model number? Wood? Year? What country? ANy and all help is appreciated!! I'm not even 100% sure it's really a Jackson, the closest thing I saw on this sight is the Jackson AT-1, but that is nicer. I seem to have found the lowest end Jackson in the world.

But I am feelin' some love for this project, I tell yeah! How about 3 active single coils in white? lol

I wasn't sure how to upload an attachment or to get a gallery here so I uploaded pics to my cheesy tripod page..

http://guitar-nut.tripod.com/id16.html

Hi elsmacko! Love that name!

Originally posted by elsmacko View Post
    I seem to have found the lowest end Jackson in the world.
    Yup, that's about right! :ROTF:

You got yourself a 2001 JX10, "Crafted in India"

Welcome to the board!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Catalog says the body is alder, but I believe it is actually cedro.
      Neck is maple
      Pups are Duncan Designed SHR101, to answer your other question they are based on the Seymour Duncan SHR-1 Hot Rails.
      Street price when new was about $ 150, so you paid about what it's worth (or maybe more Ha ha!)

Here's an info page: http://www.musiciansnews.com/guitars...c_guitar.shtml
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had one of those JX10s and just couldn't get along with the neck profile or the v-trem, but I swear those are the best "cheap-ass" pickups I've ever heard, aside from the humbuckers that came in a Made-in-India Charvel "Shazam" Star I had.

No lie, those rails kick major ass. Wish I'da kept them when I sold it

If you part it out, I want those pickups.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I basically got it for free and it looks kind of cool. I had a guitar I wanted $100 for, and this guy calls and trades me a like new Kustom Double Barrel amp, the little Jackson and a Washburn guitar all for my $100 guitar. The amp is worth $100 I think, so the guitars were free.

I'm not so sure it's that bad of a guitar really even on up to about $60.

The Washburn Shadow strat copy plays pretty damn good actually. Amp is pretty good too.

I have not put strings on the jackson yet. Yeah that neck is very narrow, notsure on that.

Can't wait to try those rails now...

Comment

Working...
          X