No announcement yet.

Will the JT580LP fit in a JT500 route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the JT580LP fit in a JT500 route?

I've searched on the forums and people say that the JT580LP's baseplate may be too big for the JT500. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone tried it? I want to put a takeuchi trem I have into a JDR-94.

By the way, I'm not too fussed about the amount of pullup I can get. I'd rather have more tuning stability and a lot less pull up since I'm not a heavy trem abuser. If anything, I can just block the JT-500. So as long as it fits okay then I'm happy.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Advv; 05-13-2009, 11:15 AM.
    Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

Probably not, but if you've already got the guitar and the trem, why not try it and see?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This has been asked before about the ps 2. 4. about the same or the same as a jdr94, answer; No not well!
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

A JT-500 is the same dimensions as a JT-590/Schaller trem.
        A JT-580 base plate is simply too big for the route.
        If you try and install a JT-580 in your JDR-94, the base plate would sit on the body and not in the route. This may make the action way to high to be playable.
        -Rick

Comment

Ok heres the fix, get you some blue painters tape, a good router, and a good bit for it....got to town on that thing then come back tell us how it fits. Im sure it can be done

Comment

It will fit but you will zero pull back. I have a JT580 on my ps2 and it fits. I dont use the bar on it. Why do you want to replace the JT500? It's just as good as the Takeuchi made trem and fitsa properly.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
              Why do you want to replace the JT500? It's just as good as the Takeuchi made trem and fitsa properly.

Are you serious?

The JT-500 is a pot metal hunk of junk.
              I'll take a Takeuchi made JT-580 over a JT-500 any day.
              -Rick

Comment

What the hell is a takeuchi and what's different/better about it? I've heard it in a bunch of posts but never asked before.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Takeuchi is the name of the manufacturer that makes JT-580 trems for Jackson.
                  They also make trems for other companies as well.
                  High quality trems.

I don't know who makes the JT-500, but they should stop. Very soft metal and prone to having saddle screws strip out.
                  -Rick

Comment

This is kinda my "goto" for floyd info and it doesn't have much info on the takeuchi. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm Takeuchi didn't make the 580LP's right? I have LP's on both my Jacksons.
                    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                      Takeuchi didn't make the 580LP's right? I have LP's on both my Jacksons.
                      Some older JT-580LPs were made by Takeuchi. I'm not sure when they stopped.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My 2001 PC3 had a Takeuchi 580LP.
                        I've seen other 580LP's from newer guitars (mid 2000's) with Takeuchi 580LP trems as well.
                        My guess is they are probably sourced from more than one vendor.
                        I don't know who makes the current version (the ones with the better base plate). It could still be Takeuchi for all we know.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

Are you serious?

The JT-500 is a pot metal hunk of junk.
                          I'll take a Takeuchi made JT-580 over a JT-500 any day.
                          IMO the jt-580 has a strange pivot that does not react well to touch! And the JT-500 does. But thats just me and I have never had any tunning problems with either
                          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM.
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                          X