Waiting on a Demmel King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on a Demmel King V

I just ordered a Demmel King V in red. It should be here next Tuesday. Does anyone have one? Just curious as to your impressions of it. I loved the one I played in the store but I didn't want black. I've always loved Jackson V's. I bought an RR5 a few months ago and with some rewiring to correct elctronic issues, it's a great playing guitar. What do you think of the Floyd on the Demmel? Any problems with it? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Mark

nice one dude don think u can go wrong there original floyd emg's king v shape i cant afford a new guitar lol

ooo yer is a jackson

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I don't own one, but a couple other people here do.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
        I just ordered a Demmel King V in red. It should be here next Tuesday. Does anyone have one? Just curious as to your impressions of it. I loved the one I played in the store but I didn't want black. I've always loved Jackson V's. I bought an RR5 a few months ago and with some rewiring to correct elctronic issues, it's a great playing guitar. What do you think of the Floyd on the Demmel? Any problems with it? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Mark
        You must be in MN, just wondering who you ordered it from?

Comment

No, I'm in Louisiana. I ordered it from Piney Hills Music the day they had the Jackson Metal Master Class. Jackson was waiting for cases for them so it was a little over a week before they shipped it. Piney Hills is very pleasant to deal with, too. Anyway, can't wait to get it in my hands!
          Mark

Comment

I like the guitar, but I prefer my kv-2 by far, first off, the neck is a little fatter but just enough so you notice it, and being used to play in standart with 9-42 strings, I really hated that it was in drop b and had 56 gauge strings. other than that it is a little more unconfortable to play sitting down than a kv-2 because of the extra pointy stuff in it but playing standing I dont think that could be a problem at all.sounded nice,felt really solid but I did remove the guitar from my to buy list and Im now looking to score another kv-2 or a rr-1 wich in my opinion are way better guitars all the way around, got mine used and couldnt be happier.If you would of asked before I would of told you to look around for a used usa but since you ordered it I do think youll enjoy the guitar, wasnt feeling right for me but im sure youll love it, its a jackson after all!
            I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

We tune down a whole step to D standard and I use 10-52 strings, so the low tuning won't be a problem. That's weird about the neck. The owner had a King V and I played both. The King V neck was a lot thicker than the Demmel, but it was his personal guitar so it may have been custom ordered that way. Currently I play a Les Paul Custom with a thicker neck than a Jackson, an LP Standard with a 60's thin neck, a Flying V with a thinner neck, and a Jackson RR5 and the neck differences don't bother me. I do like the control setup better on the Demmel, and I wanted the EMGs. I may look around later for a King V with that control setup, seen a few but I'm tapped out right now, lol. I do love V's, though.

Mark

Comment

By the way, I understand what you mean about guitars and money, lol!

Comment

great guitars dont own one sadly but the one i played in the shop was fantastic, pitty it was red lol i would have preferd black.

Comment

Working...
                  X