Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried out the Matt Tuck Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried out the Matt Tuck Signature?

Hello to all! First post here although I´ve been reading the forum for quite a while.

So, has anyone tried out the Matt Tuck signature rhoads yet? I´m interested in how is the neck and does it have any issues with neck dive? Haven´t seen it in the music stores here in Finland yet, so I haven´t been able to check it out myself.

I´ve been checking out the black one with silver bevels, cool looking axe I think. I´m not a BFMV fan, hell, I don´t know if I´m a fan of any band, besides old Sepultura, Carcass and such.. The fact that the guitar is Matt Tuck´s signature doesn´t bother me, since I´ll be doing the playing with it, not Matt Tuck.

Other option to quench my thirst for a hardtail rhoads would be to wait for a RR1T to come up at a decent price in ebay etc., but I just like the color scheme on the MT sig better than on any RR1T.(although it could have binding on neck and headstock )

Oh, and my main guitar at the moment is Ibanez VBT-700.

Welcome to the forum. Somebody here bought one, KBRR is his screen name, but he seems to have deleted his post. I believe he said the neck was the flattest RR neck he'd ever played. Maybe he sold it already, I don't know.
    The RR1T is also a great choice, and I loved both of mine (though, I only have one now).
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks man! Lets see if KBRR or some other member of the forum can shine a little bit more light on the subject.

If the neck is the flattest on a RR, it could possibly come close to the neck of my Ibanez. Strange thing though, the thinner necks feel good to me when sitting and playing, but when standing up, the fatter necks feel better.

My other guitar, BC Rich NJ Jrv Deluxe has a bit fatter neck that I've grown to like quite much.

Oh and good sig Toejam, At The Gates is a legend!
      Last edited by Death-A-Holic; 05-23-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Hey guys , yea i still have my matt tuck RR ( my pics all got deleted so i deleted my post) Its a cool guitar , i have the black one with silver bevels , i have played RRs for years and this neck is the thinest one i have ever played ( i think its just jacksons inconsistent finishing) The sperzel locking tuners are awesome im just not a huge fan of the inlays and black binding but other than that its a cool guitar.

Comment

Wahoo, another Matt Tuck Sig fan!

I'm looking for the snow white one with black bevels, looked on guitar asylum and saw it goes for $1349.99

Does Guitar Asylum do shipping to UK and how much is $1349.99 in British Pounds?

Thanks!
          ~Mazz~
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
            Does Guitar Asylum do shipping to UK and how much is $1349.99 in British Pounds?

Thanks!
            ~Mazz~
            1,349.99 USD = 849.636 GBP

Oh, and yes, Guitar Asylum do ship to the UK (they have some amazing but expensive customs):

http://www.guitarasylum.com/policies.html
            sigpic
            And on the 8th day,
            God kicked back with a beer,
            And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Then add VAT and import duty. IMO, I'd be looking for a used USA Select.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Then add VAT and import duty. IMO, I'd be looking for a used USA Select.
                You had to ruin it wilkin?

Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Ze Germans have them.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_mat..._rhoads_sw.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
                    They also rip you off for them. 80 quid for a pickup? Hell no. We're also talking Euro, none of that worthless Dollar BS.
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Any idea where to get cheaper pick ups dred? most I see are £80, like the EMG's I druel over in shops
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment