Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson neck swapping question for the Pro's Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    What's the point in buying a DK2M and replacing the neck with a normal DK2 one? Why not just buy a DK2 in the first place?

And someone has to supply the rest of us with DK2M necks
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
      because DK2's come with the H/S/S pickup config. He wanted the H/H .
      I found a DXMGT neck and for my neck (And first) project i wish to buy a cheap js series and REALLY soup it up just for the experience with fixing the guitars, but will they fit? The neck and the body will be 25.5 and 24 frets! although the js will be the 14/16" and the dxmgt will be 12/16" any problems with this?
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Correct...

Correct...HH All the way...
        I don't like the SSH at all on any guitar.That Middle Pick-Up screws my picking up everytime!!!!
        1 Hum or Twins Hum-Buckers....for me it is.

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
        because DK2's come with the H/S/S pickup config. He wanted the H/H .

Comment

I think...

You might have issues on that one.I think that the DXMGT neck are smaller and thinner I looked at GC and good guitar but to thin of a neck for me...but that's just me.
          Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
          I found a DXMGT neck and for my neck (And first) project i wish to buy a cheap js series and REALLY soup it up just for the experience with fixing the guitars, but will they fit? The neck and the body will be 25.5 and 24 frets! although the js will be the 14/16" and the dxmgt will be 12/16" any problems with this?

Comment

You won't have trouble with the radius, if that's what you're asking.

The only thing that might give you problems is the actual neck pocket/neck heel matching. Usually, from what I've found, swapping necks from the same year (or at least within 3 years of each other) is no problem - I put one of those DKMGT SLS-headed Guitar Center Dinky necks onto a JS30WR body with no poblem, except for the neck angle being so drastic that the bridge had to be cranked as high as it could go, and the pickups as well.

I'd say that's your biggest issue - making sure the neck heel and body pocket have the same angle. That's a bit hard to do without having both in your hand.

To be safe, I'd stick with swapping necks within the Pro, MG, and XT range.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah its possible that some of the el cheapo js stuff made in india might not have the 2.25" neck pocket that the dxmg neck will need. I ran into this once.

Comment

Yea i already lost interest in that project! I dont feel like making anything new right now.
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Actually, I have a JS30WR just got in September and I bought a DXMGT neck for it. I am planning to have a luthier professionally install it. Can't they shave or route the neck pocket for optimum angle?

Comment

Working...
                  X