All I can say is....Holy Shit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
    Congrats! It must be the yellow paint. My Soloist Pro is identical to yours (though I replaced the pickups), and it's the best Soloist I've ever owned, included several USA guitars from the San Dimas era.
    Thanks! Say, what pup did you chose for it?
    G

Comment

I had EMGs in my last one (85 and 2 SAs).

Middle/Neck pickup choices are rather limited for those older models - you either need EMGs or old Duncans that are shaped like EMG SAs and have the leads coming out of the bottom, not the center. You can't use the Strat-style ones with the tabs, either, because there's no way they can fit in the slot.

Unless you take a chisel and scrape away a recess for the wedge under the top (spare the paint, only go down about 1/8" if that).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My initial thoughts on the stock pups are that they sound pretty good. Just wonder what a new bridge pup like an 85 would do for the thing. Bet it would be even better!????
        G

Comment

please don't EMG that thing. good choices would be: leave it as is, Dimarzio Super Distortion, JB, or Duncan Custom.
          Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM. Reason: Dimarzio SD - not a fan of the Duncan Distortion.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
            please don't EMG that thing. good choices would be: leave it as is, Super Distortion, JB, or Duncan Custom.
            Love my SD pups!
            G

Comment

Very nice!
              Congrats!

Comment

Awesome color mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I had EMGs in my last one (85 and 2 SAs).

Middle/Neck pickup choices are rather limited for those older models - you either need EMGs or old Duncans that are shaped like EMG SAs and have the leads coming out of the bottom, not the center. You can't use the Strat-style ones with the tabs, either, because there's no way they can fit in the slot.

Unless you take a chisel and scrape away a recess for the wedge under the top (spare the paint, only go down about 1/8" if that).
                  Suppose you could try butchering the pickup itself with a dremel. Been wanting to do that for a long while now, never got round to though.

Suppose you grind the tab away, and make sure the wires don't flop round too much, maybe electrical tape them to the side of the pickup, or something similar... Would need a single coild to see if that'd work, my memory's a tad hazy. What do you think?
                  Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                  Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

you Will stand out from a crowd with that beauty,congrats
                    Dk2 pro in black
                    Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                    Marshall vs200 avt100
                    and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Working...
                    X