newbie with some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie with some questions...

Hey all.. im about to buy my first Jackson ( wicked excited lol ) the thing is the kid that im buying the guitar from just calls it a Dinky Reverse and is unsure of the year i called Fender the other day asking them to run the s/n the guy i talked to said that he had no info so he seems to think its made pre '02 i have some pics of the guitar and when i get it in hand on wed of this week ill have more pics also the s/n is 00101645 also is $150 a good deal for a pre-ownd Jackson?

Last edited by Memphs202; 06-13-2009, 11:20 PM. Reason: sig testing
    '86 Charvel Model 4 Cobalt Blue
    '08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
    '05 Gibson Les Paul Standard in root beer
    '00 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black
    '97 Epiphone Les Paul Trans Black quilt ( LE )
    Custom made/built by me strat with tex-mex pick up's
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Egnater Tweaker
    Carvin 2x12 cab with v30's

Dinky revs, made in 2000?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      Dinky revs, made in 2000?
      are you going off the s/n? im guessing so and thank you for not flaming the noob... haha ive spend about 2 days reading here
      Orange Tiny Terror
      Egnater Tweaker

Comment

It's a lower end model, hence the Duncan Designed pups. They're not too bad though, and an easy upgrade. I'm not sure if that's a good price or not - I'm thinking that's equivalent to at least £100 UK. If so then it's not a bad price, but you could probably get something better for not a lot more.
        Someone from the USA can comment better than me.

It has a reverse headstock, which I always like.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think 150 is a good price. It comes with that case, right? I forget what year they started with the DD pickups. Not too sure about that trem though. No markings on it at all. Possibly replaced? Or does the jt500 have no markings. That trem screams made in india to me but I cant be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            I think 150 is a good price. It comes with that case, right? I forget what year they started with the DD pickups. Not too sure about that trem though. No markings on it at all. Possibly replaced? Or does the jt500 have no markings. That trem screams made in india to me but I cant be sure.

ALL of it screams made in India, But I had a js30 And it really wasn't that bad of a guitar! for 150+plus a case.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

That's a good price. I like the designed duncans myself(except for the detonators but I don't like invaders either). That trem route can be upgraded to a schaller trem and shouldn't be a problem. Most people don't like those trems-cheaper metal.
              The biggest problem I have had with the india jacksons is the bad finish on the back of the neck, nothing some 0000 steal wool didn't fix for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                That's a good price. I like the designed duncans myself(except for the detonators but I don't like invaders either). That trem route can be upgraded to a schaller trem and shouldn't be a problem. Most people don't like those trems-cheaper metal.
                The biggest problem I have had with the india jacksons is the bad finish on the back of the neck, nothing some 0000 steal wool didn't fix for me.

+1

Comment

Those inlays are just....... *PUKE*

then again it's your guitar, If I don't like the inlays someone else may and therefore it's opinion.
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                    Those inlays are just....... *PUKE*

then again it's your guitar, If I don't like the inlays someone else may and therefore it's opinion.

lol i kinda like them but i prefer the shark ( is it ) fin or tooth? and a bound neck but thank you all for the info when i go get it on wed ill have more info for everyone and thank you all for the warm noob welcome lol
                    Orange Tiny Terror
                    Egnater Tweaker

Comment

Working...
                    X