NGD!!! Soloist XL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!! Soloist XL!!

Well, my dad came through again and gave me an excuse to get a guitar. "You need to establish a credit rating and something like this is a good start" he says. Originally I was going to trade in one of my Strats for it. Instead my dad signed his credit card for it under my name and we're financing it. I have to pay him back for it faster than I would have to pay the store but hey, I got my guitar early so I can't complain.

Anyway, it plays amazing and sounds great too. It has a few dings but I could care less about that. The serial is J200517. Oh, and if you're wondering where the strings are they're the DR coated ones in black so they're hard to see.

Here's my Soloist XL accompanied by my lab, who wouldn't let me take pictures without her in them. Excuse the crappy camera, it's my mom's 3 megapixel Kodak that's about 6 years old. Anywho:

Last edited by Ben...; 06-20-2009, 05:35 PM.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Very nice dude, congrats.

Comment

That looks awesome Ben. A guitar for life there.
      I'm sure a new set of pickups will be in order at some point, but as it is, that's gorgeous.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah, I may get some new pickups at some point. I never realized how trebley the JB in my DK2 is until I plugged in another guitar into my amp. I had to completely readjust the settings for this one because the bridge pickup has a ton of bass but very little treble. I've been playing it all afternoon.

Oh and does anyone know the year? The JT-590 has a Charvel logo instead of Jackson. Is it a '92 due to the serial? I don't know as much about old Professional Jacksons as I do about newer ones.
        Last edited by Ben...; 06-20-2009, 05:13 PM.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Looks awesome! Congratulations on the purchase.
          Scott

Comment

Nice purchase, i just score white soloist XL

Comment

Really sweet! Did you manage to talk down the price?
              Guitars:
              Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
              Ibanez S520EX
              Jackson DK2M

Comment

Looks great! I would say it's a 92.

Comment

Congratulations! You got a keeper there...
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

We didn't get to talk them down much but they gave us a deal on financing. My dad said he'd cover the down payment so I just have to pay the remainder which is according to my receipt $666.46. Spooky.

I have a question about pickups for anyone who knows. The single coil routes are the old narrow style. Is it possible to get pickups that fit this shape now? I always see pickups that fit the newer route with the sticky-outty part but never these narrow routes.

I put up wall hangers last night and it was nice to wake up with my Jacksons hanging there.

I'm in awe how much better the JT-590 is compared to the 580 on my DK2. The fine tuners function so smooth and it just looks way sturdier overall. Not only that, the guitar is noticeably louder acoustically. Almost double. The only issue I've had is the old worn out springs but that took two seconds to fix when I changed the strings yesterday. I don't even have it set up right and it plays amazingly. It's raised a little but I may fix that today. I'll just pop in another spring and loosen the screws in the back a bit.

I adore the real mother-of-pearl inlays. The pearloid on my DK2 looks so dull and shallow. The MOP looks watery depending on where you looks and I like how the colour changes.

So far this guitar is definitely a keeper. The person who used to own this really knew how to set up a guitar. He has the bridge set on a very prominent slant so the action on the higher strings is amazing and there's no buzz on the lower strings.
                    Last edited by Ben...; 06-21-2009, 03:12 PM.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Quick question: Is it okay for me to use my JT-580LP bar on my Soloist? It fits perfectly into the bridge and screws on all the way. I tried it a bit and the JT-590 is super smooth and can handle anything.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Working...
                      X