No announcement yet.

R2,R3,R5 or R7 locking nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent RR4's been out of production for a long ass time? And were they not like the old KV4 which featured the same specs as the new KV5FR which are 24 frets, trems, neckthru and rosewood without binding, and of course toiletseat inlays.
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
      havent RR4's been out of production for a long ass time? And were they not like the old KV4 which featured the same specs as the new KV5FR which are 24 frets, trems, neckthru and rosewood without binding, and of course toiletseat inlays.
      I was talking about R4 as in an R4 locking nut. But yeah you're right.

The KV5FR is a decent guitar, kinda wish i'd waited. Like i said back when i bought the KVX10 there were no affordable King Vs, you just had the JS series which is crap & then the KV2 on the opposite end of the scale & the KVX10 was in between.

Comment

Bought my OFR & went with the R3 locking nut. Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

I think you'll be happy with the R3.
          -Rick

Comment

Oooops i think i may have ordered the wrong locking nut. KVX10, DK2M, DK2 & RR3 all come with a Jackson BH43 locking nut, which is the equivalent of an R4 & has the R4 string spacing, not R3.

Comment

So would i be correct in assuming most production model Jacksons come stock with R4 string spacing.
              Even though i ordered R3, i came to this assumption after noticing all eBay listings for Jackson locking nuts were R4 spacing. All the listings stated that the lock nut was for DK2M, DK2 & RR3 which has the same JT580 Lo Pro bridge as My KVX10, so i logically assumed that mine has the same spacing & that this is standard with current production model Jacksons & not R3.
              I still can't get a definite answer from anyone though & Jackson/Fender themselves don't seem to be getting back to me on this, even though i've emailed them about 3 times about it now.

Comment

Working...
              X