Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which (replacement) fulcrum bridge will fit these jackson dinkys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which (replacement) fulcrum bridge will fit these jackson dinkys?

Hey I have some beatup little jackson dinky body and neck someone tried to put a floyd on but did not finish it.

Well I want to put the original style bridge on, a fulcrum style I guess a 6 screw.

My friend said with a jackson you have to be careful which one you get or the strings might hang over the fret board. Anyone know where and which bridge I can get to work?

pics would help everyone help you.

these guys are a great source of info.

Comment

OK, here are the pics! Please help! I got screwed not looking to see what I bought before I bought i. If I can find a bridge I will be quite pleased, because I can turn it into a playable guitar. The pups are now in my Floyd Rose Discovery..
      http://guitar-nut.tripod.com/jacksonbody/
      Last edited by elsmacko; 06-23-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the strings should hang over the fretboard, but my assumption is he meant to the sides as in the bridge may be too wide. My advice, measure the original bridge, measure your fretboard width, then find out the measurements of the potential original jackson bridge, as to see if the saddles are spaced to far. My advice, if the floyd fit why not use it? Your not saying why not, or does it simply not have a floyd, it just looks like someone tried to get it ready for one? Either way, an OFR is around 200 new but you can get a licensed somthing or other for like 50 bucks, just get a licensed Jackson stamped bridge off Ebay, or better yet go to a shop and ask, cause your not providing a hell of alot of material for us to work with here.
        www.myspace.com/memnochband
        www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

THe body is not routed for a floyd, where the fine tuners are and the tail end of the floyd, there is not routing there like there is on a guitar with a floyd.

It came with a licensed floyd, of unknown origin.

The original bridge I do not own or have access to measure it.

In fact, the mystery for me is which bridge did it come with and where can I get one cheap. There are lots of places that sell replacement bridges but not sure which one will work. Because yes what I meant was I was told with these Jacksons, if you don't get the right bridge, the strings will go over the sides of the fret board.

So someone did a halfass attempt at installing a floyd, they even filled the original holes. See pics plz.

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
          I'm pretty sure the strings should hang over the fretboard, but my assumption is he meant to the sides as in the bridge may be too wide. My advice, measure the original bridge, measure your fretboard width, then find out the measurements of the potential original jackson bridge, as to see if the saddles are spaced to far. My advice, if the floyd fit why not use it? Your not saying why not, or does it simply not have a floyd, it just looks like someone tried to get it ready for one? Either way, an OFR is around 200 new but you can get a licensed somthing or other for like 50 bucks, just get a licensed Jackson stamped bridge off Ebay, or better yet go to a shop and ask, cause your not providing a hell of alot of material for us to work with here.

Comment

Find an old JT-6 bridge they are standard spaced.You can use floyd studs with no problem.An import vintage trem will work too. Korean Fender trems have more narrow string spacing than a Mex or USA Fender trem.
            Last edited by straycat; 06-24-2009, 12:38 AM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Find an old JT-6 bridge they are standard spaced.You can use floyd studs with no problem.An import vintage trem will work too. Korean Fender trems have more narrow string spacing than a Mex or USA Fender trem.
              Thanks for the tips, tell me which are the best ones for fitting on the jackson from guitar fetish?
              http://store.guitarfetish.com/tremelos.html

How about this one? http://store.guitarfetish.com/minmeimstupt.html

Last edited by elsmacko; 06-24-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

How about this one? I don't know about the string spacing.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/glblwistsatr.html

Comment

I deal with these guys and they have great service and great products that are cheaper by far than guitarfetish.
                  If you want to go with the original 6 screw then use a fender(allparts,wd or whoevers standard replacement 6 screw trem with block saddles) to get the right spacing.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                    http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=56
                    I deal with these guys and they have great service and great products that are cheaper by far than guitarfetish.
                    If you want to go with the original 6 screw then use a fender(allparts,wd or whoevers standard replacement 6 screw trem with block saddles) to get the right spacing.
                    Don't you mean go with IMPORT strat style? Or American? Wow this is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by elsmacko View Post
                      Don't you mean go with IMPORT strat style? Or American? Wow this is confusing.
                      Since the old holes are filled already then think of this as a new build. You can put whatever 6 screw bridge you want on it.
                      String spacing on most six screw trems is about 2 1/8" From E to E
                      The heel of that neck should be between 2 3/16ths and 2 1/4"
                      A 2 1/8" spacing will be just fine when you figure the taper from the bridge to the nut.
                      Aligning and installing a new 6 screw is pretty simple. I'll walk you through it when the time comes if need be.
                      Last edited by atdguitars; 06-24-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                        Since the old holes are filled already then think of this as a new build. You can put whatever 6 screw bridge you want on it.
                        String spacing on most six screw trems is about 2 1/8" From E to E
                        The heel of that neck should be between 2 3/16ths and 2 1/4"
                        A 2 1/8" spacing will be just fine when you figure the taper from the bridge to the nut.
                        Awesome.

What about this style? It says it fits ALL strat guitars, but what about the string spacing? Any idea? This is a sweet looking tremolo bridge:
                        http://store.guitarfetish.com/wistsatrfial.html

Comment

OK I ordered a 6 hole bridge.

Hey, anyone know where I can get a nut to go with that bridge? I guess there are certain ones slightly precut for a Jackson style headstock the way the strings go?

Comment

i know this meant be too late to tell u but i think that wilkinson brigde may have fit those holes and the wilkinson is way better than a 6 hole vintage bridge and a wilkinson is beast it can take a beating and still stay in tune
                            SL3 guy
                            2001 Amber Sunburst SL3
                            1995 Snow White Fusion EX
                            1990 Purple Charvette
                            2010 Trans Black/Trans Blue JS20

Comment

Working...
                            X