Refinish ideas from the jcfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinish ideas from the jcfers?

Hey guys , I just scored a jackson js series kv that ive sold to a friend 2 years back 200$+ a ipod (wich were a huge thing back then and you almost felt v.i.p. and everything when you had one)and now he sold it back to me 85$ a little more messed up than before but still in good condition, I already sanded it down and I only have to finally choose how ill paint it.I'd like some ideas from you guys, remember thats a js-series so theres no maple top or anything like that (for noobs)thanks guys!
    I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Originally posted by metalvince333 View Post
    Hey guys , I just scored a jackson js series kv that ive sold to a friend 2 years back 200$+ a ipod (wich were a huge thing back then and you almost felt v.i.p. and everything when you had one)and now he sold it back to me 85$ a little more messed up than before but still in good condition, I already sanded it down and I only have to finally choose how ill paint it.I'd like some ideas from you guys, remember thats a js-series so theres no maple top or anything like that (for noobs)thanks guys!
    I think the bengal design looks good on any model in any color + black or any color+ white, or black + white
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Gunmetal gray is a great looking color on the KV.

Comment

I agree with the yellow bengal tiger, i've got the Lynch model ESP & that looks wild. Or maybe bright green, sorta like absynth frost, looks pretty 80s or very early 90s. White's good that's what i'm going with on my KVX10, but then your's is string through with no Floyd so i dunno how that'd look in white.
        Don't be the 2 billionth metal guy with a black V though, boring. With black hardware the whole guitar just looks like a shadow & it just looks crap with chrome hardware so you can't win.
        Oh BTW try getting Polyurethane paint, that's the stuff used on guitars, but then i'm sure you already know that. Then you just spray it on using an air compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
          Gunmetal gray is a great looking color on the KV.
          yeah I know thats what I have on my kv2!

I agree with the yellow bengal tiger, i've got the Lynch model ESP & that looks wild. Or maybe bright green, sorta like absynth frost, looks pretty 80s or very early 90s. White's good that's what i'm going with on my KVX10, but then your's is string through with no Floyd so i dunno how that'd look in white.
          Don't be the 2 billionth metal guy with a black V though, boring. With black hardware the whole guitar just looks like a shadow & it just looks crap with chrome hardware so you can't win.
          Oh BTW try getting Polyurethane paint, that's the stuff used on guitars, but then i'm sure you already know that. Then you just spray it on using an air compressor.
          nah I wont do it black, at least not completly,I had an idea for black, flash green bevels and something written in green also but all messed up as if someone or something struggeled to write it.Like an alien last words kinda vibe.About the bengal, I like it but not enough to paint it on my guitar,thanks for the idea guys! keep them coming!

Comment

nah I wont do it black, at least not completly,I had an idea for black, flash green bevels and something written in green also but all messed up as if someone or something struggeled to write it.Like an alien last words kinda vibe.
            Oh yeah, that sounds alright, it's fairly original aswell.

Comment

Ive made a sketch of what it could look like, the fuckin monkey thing came out of the
              blue, and its taped on my cab, If you wonder why theres the evil monkey from family guy is there,its because I wanted to fill the hole but couldnt find the proper wood so ill leave a hole and glue a monkey figurine in it.I think there was a concern for originality...not anymore I think thats gonna be pretty insane and unique!

Comment

Baby pink, like those Hello Kitty strats. I tried to do it with an old strat copy, it's a cool colour for a metal guitar.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah dark pink with black bevels would be sick. Anyone who gives you shit for having a pink guitar is an idiot, it's really 80s...THE guitar & metal era. Maybe put some yellow pickups in there...Vai-esque. Or at least some loud colored pickups.

Comment

Actualy scratch that idea about the coloured pickups, i thought about that & it'd probably look bad on a V.

Comment

You could always paint on the.................. Cock Dragon!!!
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X