No announcement yet.

where can i go for serial number info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i go for serial number info?

i did a few searches and they led to the Jackson website. thing is, they only have numbers for american jacksons. mine is most likely an import of somekind. the serial # is 9620827.
    In its original form, it had a reverse headstock with offset fret dots. its a performer. (i say original because i broke the original headstock off and had to put a different neck on.) anyway, like i said its a performer series, that had a HSH configuration with a licensed floyd bridge with the jackson logo stamped into the bass side. its a bookmatched top in transparent green. i was hoping you guys could help me out because i know nothing about it. (only that it sounds great). also, did the original 5 way do coil taps in the 2 and 4 positions or was it the full HB with the middle SC added in? I've had this thing for about ten years and just dont know anything about it. thanks. after pokin around on the net it seems to be a PS-4
    Last edited by Giant; 06-28-2009, 06:13 PM.

Originally posted by Giant View Post
    i did a few searches and they led to the Jackson website. thing is, they only have numbers for american jacksons. mine is most likely an import of somekind. the serial # is 9620827.
    In its original form, it had a reverse headstock with offset fret dots. its a performer. (i say original because i broke the original headstock off and had to put a different neck on.) anyway, like i said its a performer series, that had a HSH configuration with a licensed floyd bridge with the jackson logo stamped into the bass side. its a bookmatched top in transparent green. i was hoping you guys could help me out because i know nothing about it. (only that it sounds great). also, did the original 5 way do coil taps in the 2 and 4 positions or was it the full HB with the middle SC added in? I've had this thing for about ten years and just dont know anything about it. thanks. after pokin around on the net it seems to be a PS-4
    It's possible the 5-way was wired that way.

I believe that's a '97.

Other than that, you know all there is to know - what it looks like, the pickups, bridge, etc.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yeah, i guess you are right. ha ha. thanks.
      just kinda wondering about the details...like where they made and the neck radius. the neck is off another performer that was HSS. at the time the necks felt the same, but the headstocks were reversed.
      either way, its a great guitar. I have a 94 tele loaded with humbuckers, and a strat, but this one is the most comfortable of them all. im pretty sure its the neck radius.
      thanks for the info Newc.

Comment

Working...
      X