Replacement nut on a 90's King V Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement nut on a 90's King V Pro

I need to have the nut on my King V Pro replaced and am seeking some info on where to get one, what size, etc. Basically the strings have dug themselves too deep into the nut to have a playable setup, so I've got a guy here who's gonna do a replacement for me. He said the only nuts he has are bone nuts, which are fine in most cases, but on a BLACK King V it would look quite odd :think: So I wanted to order a graphite nut for it. My questions are:
    What size do I need?
    I think its 1-11/16" but I see alot of them referenced in millimeters... so not quite sure what that would be.

Preslotted or not?
    Since all fingerboards are different, would it be more wise to get an unslotted nut, or perhaps someone here knows where to get a properly preslotted nut? Which leads me to....

Where would you recommend buying one?
    I know there are tons of places online to get them, but I'm interested to learn if anyone here has already done a job like this and can recommend perhaps the place and exact part they used to do it? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!
    - Adam

Bone would be a good choice.

I've bought preslotted graphite nuts. It was a no brainer to install. I think I got it at Stew-Mac. I think you have the correct size, but if you are worried why not just measure it?

Comment

1 11/16" = 1.6875"

1.6875" * 25.4mm/1" = 42.86mm
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        1 11/16" = 1.6875"

1.6875" * 25.4mm/1" = 42.86mm
        Thanks! Now I have a headache!

The math.... it hurts.... mah brain!

Seriously though, thanks to you guys for the info! I really appreciate it!
        - Adam

Comment

Working...
        X