Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Japanese Jacksons Ghostbuilt by ESP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Japanese Jacksons Ghostbuilt by ESP?

Hi, I'm new here, I registered here because I have alot of questions about my jackson slsmg (my first jackson, I'm mainly an ibanez man). The first of which being, is it true that the Jacksons built in Japan are built in the same factories as the ESPs?

Hi, I'm new here, I registered here because I have alot of questions about my jackson slsmg (my first jackson, I'm mainly an ibanez man). The first of which being, is it true that the Jacksons built in Japan are built in the same factories as the ESPs?
    your kidding right?
    FUCK NO!
    welcome!

Comment

Know I'm not kidding. I heard it in atleast three places that they are ghostbuilt by the ESP factory.

Of course I could be completely wrong. That was the purpose of asking a forum of Jackson diehards. I figured that you would know alot better than me.

Comment

Hell to the NO. They are sworn enemies.

Comment

Comment

Direct me to the idiots that posted that info so I can correct their ignorance, or break their legs.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I believe that Jackson is one of the few companies to have its own factory in Japan. (not sure about the newer non-Japan import models)

Most companies who have "import" lines do have them ghostbuilt for them. But definitely not Jacksons.

- Leo.

Comment

ESP have only ever ghostbuilt kramers afaik or have heard of...

Jackson Japan models were built by the guys who started caparison, allthough I dont think the factory has changed maybe it has I cant remember.

ESP has more than one factory or shop in japan they have about three or four custom shops, that also build some lof the signature mdoels and original series, plus it would probably mean the jakcsons would cost a hell of alot more if they were built by ESP...

That is probably the strangest rumour i've heard so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                  I believe that Jackson is one of the few companies to have its own factory in Japan. (not sure about the newer non-Japan import models)

Most companies who have "import" lines do have them ghostbuilt for them. But definitely not Jacksons.

- Leo.

Chushin Gakki is the builder. AFAIK, they're not owned by Jackson, but have been building C/J/JStars exclusively for some time. It's covered pretty thoroughly at Henrik's site (the link a few posts up).

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post

Jackson Japan models were built by the guys who started caparison, allthough I dont think the factory has changed maybe it has I cant remember.

The Caparison connection is also covered at Henrik's site. Itaru Kannu worked at Chushin Gakki, then left to start Caparison. IIRC, he designed the Aldrich Model, which has some similarities to what he has done at Caparison, including the special finish technique they use.
                  Last edited by dg; 07-04-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

ESPee also made/makes the Killer models (Akira Takasaki, etc), as far as I know.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i have heard similar rumors in the past(not sure where though). the version of the rumor i remember hearing is that ibanez prestige/j customs, esp japan, and jackson japan/stars were built by the same three japanese factories interchangeably(Chushin Gakki, fujigen gakki, and esps factory). i don't buy it, but i can see how some might. the names team J craft(ibanez), and team GJ(jackson japan) might be partly to blame, along with very similar company structuring... us models, japanese models(prestige/jackson japan), and japanese market only(j craft/stars)?

Comment

I know that ESP used to ghost build some Robin guitars in the 90's. I've owned a couple of US made Robin guitars and thought they were great. I still have one in fact. I owned one of the ESP built imports and was not all that impressed. Maybe I just got a dud, who knows? It was functional but just didn't have any mojo. The US models have a stamp of the state of Texas on the back of the neck near the head stock. The ESP ones do not.

There......more info about an obscure guitar than you'd ever want to know.

Comment

Comment

Thanks DG I sorta knew about the aldrich models which imo kick ass, im not soo fussed on some of the similar caparisons some of them are nice but some just dont do anything for me..

Itaru is talented no doubting that...

Comment

Been wondering the same thing for some time...who really builds what brands/customs.

I am not as well read as most here, but it seems kinda plausible.

Comment

Working...
                              X