Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Japanese Jacksons Ghostbuilt by ESP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dg View Post
    The Caparison connection is also covered at Henrik's site. Itaru Kannu worked at Chushin Gakki, then left to start Caparison. IIRC, he designed the Aldrich Model, which has some similarities to what he has done at Caparison, including the special finish technique they use.
    Not just the Aldrich model, but also the 27-fret Jackson Falcon which is closer to the Caparison.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Whoah! It really is. I just googled that Fujimura guy, and it looks like he became one of their first endorsees & was involved in designing the Horus model.

Comment

It's pretty wild! I wish I could find a Falcon. I've never seen one, and I'm not sure if anyone here has one or has seen one either.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          It's pretty wild! I wish I could find a Falcon. I've never seen one, and I'm not sure if anyone here has one or has seen one either.
          There were two of them up on Yahoo! Auction a couple of months ago.

Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????

Yahoo!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????Yahoo!???????????????????????????????
          Last edited by QuantumRider; 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM.
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Damn. Those are awesome! I always forget about the Yahoo Auction.

Comment

Most sellers on Yahoo! Auction are wary about shipping outside of Japan, so it's generally a moot point for people in other countries to get excited about the stuff they have on sale here
              Last edited by QuantumRider; 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM.
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Ah, I see. Bummer.

Comment

that falcon is bad ass!!!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

man, that is TITS!!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

ESP Standard Series guitars are built in the Fujigen plant, I believe, which also builds the Ibanez Prestige guitars and several other Japanese brands (including the Orville/Epiphone Elitists), but not Jackson.

ESP Custom guitars are built in a separate facility, if not more than one facility.

Guitar-making is kind of weird in Japan, in that guitar designers and builders seem to be entirely separate operations. Caparison doesn't own its own factory, but leases time at an established factory. Ibanez is purely a design shop--they don't have any factories of their own (other than the L.A. custom shop for the stars). ESP's custom shops are the only ones I know of that merge designer and builder.
                      Last edited by pro-fusion; 07-10-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if the Jackson custom shop would make a Falcon. That guitar is exactly what I've wanted, but never knew that they made such a thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Heh, they probably won't do it now because it's too similar to a Caparison.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Comment

Given how expensive a Falcon from the custom shop would be, you might as well just get the Caparison version, which is very nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X