DK2 I'm thinking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 I'm thinking about

Hi. Just recently started lurking here.. finally signed up.

I'm interested in picking up a dinky to try a guitar with trem. I've got someone offering me a dk2 (not sure exactly which one it is) for $400 CDN. (I'm sure I can talk him down.) Can you guys help me 1) figure out exactly what model this is and 2) determine what a good price is?

Info from the seller:

"The guitar is in very good condition. There is a small chip on the bottom. A killswitch was installed professionally. The neck is surprisingly very comfortable (even more than my PRS McCarty). I am not the first owner so I dont know the exact manufacturing date. But the serial number is 9738780. It is a made in japan jackson so the general quality of the guitar is very good. I can send you pics if you pm me your email address. It is black with chrome floyd system. 2 single 1 hum pup all duncan designed... great metal axe..."

Thanks in advance,
    Jamie

Pics:

It's an older DK2.

Duncan Designed pickups or Seymour Duncan pickups?

With case or without?

In the US, $300 max without case. Probably much less since it's been hacked and has a chip. $300 would be if it was in mint original condition. It's a boring black as well.

Comment

Duncan designed. No case.

I told him I would pay around $200 CDN for it. He originally was asking for $400. We shall see.
      Last edited by James_E; 07-08-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James_E View Post
        Duncan designed. No case.

I told him I would pay around $200 CDN for it. He originally was asking for $400. We shall see.
        That sounds a lot better. You can score these pretty easy on ebay.

My first Jackson was a Purple DK2 just like this, brand new. Got it on ebay 4 years ago for $280, no case and no trem bar.

Even though it was brand new, I think my deal was just so-so, I've seen better. I was a newbie, my first Jackson.

Comment

I'll echo what Don said. Troll ebay- DK2's go for absurdly cheap for what they are. $400 is no deal at all.

I grabbed one for my brother a year or so ago and I think I paid around $300. It was loaded with Duncan Designs as well. If your intention is to upgrade the pups, that's the way to go, because the older ones without Duncans get priced down bigtime relative to the ones with Duncans.

Comment

Thanks guys. He said no to the $200 and offered as low as $350. I passed.

Comment

same as my DK2 from '06.
              swapped out the duncan designed for some better ones.
              mine was excellent condition/no hard case $265 to the door from evil bay, you can do better if you watch.

Comment

Working...
              X