Dk2m wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2m wiring?

So I'm pulling the EMG's out of my DK2M and putting it back to stock before I trade it in. I am using the Seymour Duncan wiring diagrams off their website as a reference, but the existing wiring on the pots don't match up to the diagram. The capacitor in the diagram is on the middle leg of the tone pot, but it's actually on the outer leg. I've searched all over the place to find an actual Jackson diagram, but no luck. So I'm just going to put it to what the Duncan diagram says to. Maybe it'll sound better ? Also the stock wiring has like 5 ground wires coming off it.....Just thought it was weird.

Just use the S Duncan wiring for it with 500k Pots and all will be fine.

Comment

Got it all back together, taking it back home tonight for a test run and then tomorrow, back she goes. Jesus wiring guitars is tedious work......

Comment

Got her home and plugged her in, sounds like her same ol' self. Sad to see her go. Maybe when I learn to play well one day I'll pick up another Floyd guitar, I think I was over my head. Most of the music I want to play has heavy palm muting and the floyd just made it sound muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by gordomenz View Post
          Got her home and plugged her in, sounds like her same ol' self. Sad to see her go. Maybe when I learn to play well one day I'll pick up another Floyd guitar, I think I was over my head. Most of the music I want to play has heavy palm muting and the floyd just made it sound muddy.
          Just block the trem to dive only. That's much simpler than rewiring, plus you can palm mute to your heart's content and you won't go out of tune if a string breaks.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
          X