I've joined the bloodline meet "HER"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've joined the bloodline meet "HER"

The only female in the Jackson family...

Intro:
    Yep its a girl..Named Kelly.

OWNER: Danny (thats me)
    SERIAL: J003908

Lamborghini. She's just like a Lambo, same red tone , same aggressive styling. I would prefer black with wind pinstripes or the coral blue ocean translucscent but hell it was only. Not too luxurious but shes ready to race.

Cost:
    $200USD with original Charvel/Jackson logo hard case! He sweetened the deal since I asked him for a 15 foot cable and a strap.

Condition:
    Still is glossy with a about 8 dings/scratches/flaws . Isn't seen within 2 feet viewing distance.

Paint: As most guitars, it has fine scratches on the area for picking and a 1 inch sized paint chip on the main left body wing exposing the wood. A perfect circular smaller than dime sized ring scratch. Still pretty glossy though.

Metal frets show slight corrosion. Nothing a little light steel wool can't fix. Bridge is excellent shape, no wear or corrosion at all
    Most of the jS jackson I've seen used are already corroded.

Fretboard could use a little lemon oil to look new, but its in pretty good shape.

Humbuckers looked faded but I already fixed that (AFTER I took the pic)
    Also theres slight corrosion to the screw-like pole pieces. Is it safe to use steel wool to remove it? Or just say forget it. On that guys B-52 tube amp it sounded pretty heavy, not as thin as I thought it would be.

Knobs and switches work well. Again just slight distressed brown corrosion on the pickup selector.
    Input for cable and strap hooks are good shape.
    Tuners are good too.
    The back of the neck is like pristine, its slick and totally new looking.

Strings need to be changed but I'll do that later. The fastfret put in a little time to procrastinate for that.

Case has some corrosion to the metal parts, and part of its slightly squished but it works just fine and the black is still pretty clean. IT was basically free!

Year of birth? 1990 or 1993 maybe? The serial number is weird 3 should be after J if thats a 93 so it must be 90.

J003908
    The second digit usually means x for 199x but all i can find in catalogs are 1993 Kellys. Didn't Marty Friedman use Kellys in 1990 and on anyways?

PICS: (thumbnail code doesnt work!)

Last edited by Danzo; 07-15-2009, 12:10 AM.
    Equipment
    -Jackson Kelly Std. Professional J003908 (blood red) w/TB-5
    -Marshall MG15 CDR hosted by
    -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Congrats! Keepin' it in the family

Comment

love that colour!

Comment

Badass Kelly, congrats! And I want that case hahah
        Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Thanks for the description.
          Congrads on your addition & welcome!

Comment

Thanks guys! This guitar needs a setup. Got some buzzing all down the entire fretboard on the 4-6th strings lol.. I'll do it when I get the money. $60 over here, not as bad as most places.
            Equipment
            -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Have you tried raising the bridge a little bit?
              Nice score BTW, great colour!
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

nICE

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Whatever you do, do NOT use steel wool anywhere near the pickups!

Regardless of what it is, great score there!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                      Whatever you do, do NOT use steel wool anywhere near the pickups!

Regardless of what it is, great score there!
                      Thanks for the tip. I usually don't do anything until I post about it and get opinions on it first. The pickups are magnetic, so yeah it makes sense not to do anything to it...Thats why paying people to do the setup will be fine for me. $60, since I don't know how to adjust the floyd rose properly.

I hope Jackson can give me the correct paint finish and clear coat so I can touch up some areas, if not I'll get it refinished it someday.

Can Car wax get rid of fine pick scratches?
                      Equipment
                      -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Working...
                      X