Price for a DX2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for a DX2?

There's a guy around here selling a '97 DX2 in the violet with quilt veneer for $200 with case. I went and played it and it's pretty beat up around the edges, with chips on the edge and a few on the headstock as well. There are also a bunch of small dings on the front of the body. There aren't any cracks on the neck or body, and it seems to play fine. Is this a decent price?

Thanks

That's a good price to me.

Comment

Just got it today. The intonation is pretty off, though. How difficult is it to set the intonation on the JT-580, and could you direct me to a tutorial. I'll get pics up when I clean it up a bit.

The serial # is 602382. Can anyone give me some info on it?
      Last edited by trenolds; 07-21-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Colorado I presume?
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by trenolds View Post
          Just got it today. ...and could you direct me to a tutorial.
          This is a pretty good tutorial. He blocks the trem, which makes it easier, but you can skip this if you wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEyg_sEACdE

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
            Colorado I presume?
            Yeah, the one in Denver. I almost didn't buy it, but the neck profile is the most comfortable one I've played yet.

I took the trem apart today to clean it, and it has Takeuchi (made in Japan) stamped on the block. When I got this guitar the trem was blocked and there wasn't an arm included, so I assumed the trem was worn down, but now I'm wondering if it will work well. I was thinking about throwing in a Schaller if it would fit, but now I might see if this trem will work alright for me. Is there any way I can tell if the trem is in decent condition?

Thanks again for all the help.
            Last edited by trenolds; 07-23-2009, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X