Help, ID and Price this Jackson Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, ID and Price this Jackson Professional

It is for sale for $250, owner could only tell me the serial number: 601666 and that is says Jackson Professional.

What model and what is a normal price range for this guitar in the states?
    Also would it be a big upgrade from a schecter omen 6?

Thanks for any info!

Welcome to the board.

Appears to be a mid 90's DK2 from the picture.
    The 6 digit serial# dates this atleast from 1987, but no further than I'd say a 1993 or 94.
    That's a somewhat uncommon finish so that may bring a tad more than the usual Black or Red guitars.
    I'd say $250 is right in the ball park for that one. I even go as far as saying it's a hell of a deal only because I think the older ones were better and were better equipped than the newer ones.

I'm sure someone here can help you out more than I have, but if you want, check out the Jackson catalogs located in a sticky on the board for more info.
    Best of luck, it looks like a good deal to me. Does it include a hardshell case?
    Last edited by metalchurch79; 08-04-2009, 05:04 PM.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

looks like a dinky XL

Comment

thanks for the info so far, yes it does include the hardshell

-I really don't need a new guitar, but if it a crazy good deal and a big upgrade from my current guitar (omen 6) I'd probably pick it up. Don't care too much for the color though.

Comment

Yeah it's a much better guitar than a Schecter in my opinion. It's a good deal so treat yourself to some goodness.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven

Comment

$250 is a very good price if it includes the case.

No idea what an Omen is, but a Jackson Professional is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

A few more questions if somebody knows: what wood, pickups, and is the tremelo decent?

Comment

Start at 1987 and work your way up thru to about 1994 or 1995.
                Most all of your questions will be answered.

Sometimes it's faster doing it this way as opposed to waiting for someone to answer you.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven

Comment

No need to start at 1987. There were no import Jacksons until 1990, so there is where you can start. All Jacksons with "Professional" on the headstock were made in Japan. It's a SWEET deal for $250 IMO, as long as it's still in one piece.

Comment

Another "666" serial number?

Yeah, my DKMGT has 666 in the S/N also.

Grab it!

Comment

I think it's around an 96 which makes it a dx1. I paid overpaid for mine at $440 but I love purple(looked more purple in the pictures).

Comment

looks like it is a dx1 then, thanks guys

-what do you think is the going price for one of these, didn't find much info on pricing on the web, but what I saw suggested 250-300, if so this would be just a good deal, not a killer one.

Comment

I bought a dx2 for around $220, and although I like it, I think there are better deals to be had in the price range. I would suggest looking for a Pro series from '95 or before as they seem to be more for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                            No need to start at 1987. There were no import Jacksons until 1990, so there is where you can start....
                            Yeah you're right, I was being lazy.
                            I knew that the 6 digit serial# started in 1987 thats why I said start there and work your way up...
                            'Howling in shadows
                            Living in a lunar spell
                            He finds his heaven

Comment

If that neck has MOP inlays (yes mine is a 96 and has MOP) you could sell the neck for over $200 alone. These do have the good JT580 trems too. If I didn't just lose my job I would be asking for the info if you weren't going to buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X